Registrar of Companies (ROCs) are in the process of “Identification and flagging of Disqualified Directors under S. 164(2)(a) of Companies Act, 2013” for their default of non-filing of financial statement or annual return for a continuous period of three financial years i.e. 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.
In the above regard, all the defaulting directors are hereby cautioned to find the pending statutory returns and do necessary compliance as per provisions of law, otherwise, action will be initiated under Section 164 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules made thereunder.
The DINs of such directors are not allowed to be used for filing any e-forms on the MCA21 portal.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
[News & Important Updates]
- Del HC | Scheme Of Ss. 164(2) And 167(1)(A) Of Companies Act Explained In Respect To Disqualification Of Directors On Default Of Filing Returns
- Kar HC | Court Enunciates Guidelines For Disqualification Of Directors; Demarcates Boundaries, Crossing Which, It Would Be Rendered Bad In Law
- Bom HC | Disqualification Of Directors: Batch Of Petitions To Be Heard In Reference To S. 164 (2)(A) Of Companies Act, 2013
- Calcutta HC Passes Interim Order Allowing Disqualified Directors To Continue Despite Disqualification Under Section 164(2) Of Companies Act
- SC | There Cannot Be A Uniform Qualification/Disqualification For The Board Of Directors Under The Banking Companies Act