To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Delhi Police imposes Section 144 Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 and orders the following prohibitory orders to maintain public health, public safety and public order in Delhi:
- Assembly of any kind for demonstrations, processions, protests etc is prohibited.
- Any gathering social/cultural/political/religious/academic/sports/seminar/conferences prohibited.
- Organisation of weekly markets (except for vegetables, fruits and essential commodities), concerts, exhibitions etc., is prohibited.
- Guided group tours conducted by various private tour operators are prohibited.
- Any individual suspected/confirmed with COVID-19 shall take measures for prevention/treatment i.e. home quarantine/ institution quarantine/isolation or any such person shall cooperate to render assistance or comply with the directions of the surveillance personnel.
- Any person contravening this order shall be punishable under Section 188 of Penal Code, 1860.
The above order will be effective from 22-03-2020: 9 PM till midnight of 31-03-2020.