The Legal Services Committee, Gujarat National Law University is organizing a Two day International Conference on the theme “Social Work, Law and Human Rights”.
The conference aims to encourage the interdisciplinary study of social work, law and human rights among scholars, social workers and to provide them with a platform to discuss their research, practical knowledge and experience with national as well as international peer groups and professionals.
The themes of the conference are
1. Law and Rural Development
2. Law and Human Development
3. Gandhian Concept of Social Justice and Welfare
4. Social Workers and the Criminal Justice System
5. Role of Socio-Legal Workers in realizing SDGs
6. Social Welfare Entitlements and the Role of Law
7. Social Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Development
8. Diversity, Exclusion and gaps in Social Policy
9. Human Trafficking and Migration
10. Disability, Mental Health and Legal Issues
The above list is indicative. Papers on any other sub-theme consistent with the main theme may also be considered by the conference secretariat.
Please refer to the attached brochure to find detailed guidelines on the paper submission as well as important dates.
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the form of a book. The authors of the selected papers may keep on developing the papers based on the feedback received during the Conference. The timeline for review of these papers will be communicated soon.
We are cognizant of the fact that the reach of your blog SCC ONLINE extends to a large audience of law students. We would be obliged, therefore, if you could publish an announcement about the International Conference on your website and enable us to reach out to the student community. The brochure for the same is attached herewith.
We look forward to the publication of the announcement on your website. Do contact the undersigned or Mr. Hemandu Aswal (+91 94140 11181) in case of any queries. Thank you!