The Geeta Institute of Law is organising a seminar on the topic Global Enactment of Justice for Women and Children: Issues and Challenges and proudly invites keynote speakers from leading Universities and other organization across the Globe. The seminar aims to provide a platform for discussion on recent advances in justice system for women and children, which include areas of basic human rights, lack of oppor tunities and growth, inept legal systems and other challenges.
Global Justice is rooted in the aspiration to make the world a better place. It seeks to help us understand how human beings – no matter who they are or where they live – can be treated fairly. The world is in fux; religious fundamentalisms, racism, xenophobia, migration and displacement due to climate change, civil wars in different parts of the world and economic injustice are driving a backlash on women’s and children’s rights and increasing restrictions on their basic human rights and freedoms. Repressive and undemocratic regimes are stepping up their assault on the political and democratic space for civil society. This is despite significant advances in international commitments and national legislation; unfortunately victories in policy and law reform are often undermined by weak implementation. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) identified the importance of addressing poverty alongside inequality. To realise the level of transformation envisaged in the SDG’s Agenda 2030 requires confronting the power relationships and vested interests that maintain and thrive on exploitation of women and children in society.
This Seminar will provide an excellent opportunity for students and faculty alike to keep abreast of recent developments, share ideas, raise awareness of practices that ameliorates the working of existing social and legal frameworks and help in establishing new Institutions and forums which can provide justice to women and children.
Theme of the Seminar: Global Enactment of Justice for Women and Children: Issues and Challenge
- Women and Children as vulnerable group
- Insult to modesty
- Cyber crimes against women and children
- Female Infanticide and foeticide
- Reproductive Technologies and rights of women
- Female genital Mutilation and the laws
- Trafficking of women and children
- Domestic violence and Honour based violence
- Child Labour : A Global Issue
Note: The theme and sub-themes are not exhaustive; the author can select any topic relevant with the theme and the sub- themes.
Submission of Abstract: 30th Sept 2018 (Sunday)
Confirmation of Abstract: 5th Oct 2018 (Friday)
Submission of full paper, Demand Draft and Registration form (only soft copies of all): 25th Oct 2018 (Thursday)
Submission of Demand Draft and Registration form (Hard copies): 2nd Nov 2018 (Friday)
International Seminar: 18th Nov 2018 (Sunday)
Venue : Auditorium, Geeta Institute of Law (GIL), Karhans, Samalkha, Panipat, Delhi NCR
Abstract: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the author(s)
- E-mail address
- Postal address and contact number
FULL RESEARCH PAPER
- The paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- There can be only an author and one co-author. Inclusion of more than one co-author will result in automatic disqualification.
- Registration fee as per each author.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Bluebook 20th Edition.
- All correspondence must be sent to email:email@example.com
The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the duly filled Registration form, DD details, and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines. All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work. Plagiarized submission will be disqualified.
(Category I) For Students
Indian – Rs. 1000; Foreign National – $ 100 USD
(Category II) Academicians, Legal Practitioners and other Professionals
Indian – Rs. 2000; Foreign National – $ 200 USD
- Registration fee includes seminar kit, tea and lunch
- All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper and ID Proof along with them.
- Top three paper presentations from each Category (I & II) shall be rewarded. Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants.
Accommodation: Accommodation facility will not be provided to the participants.
Payment Details: Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFT or Demand Draft which is to be drawn in favour of Geeta Institute of law, payable at Panipat.
RTGS/NEFT- Geeta Institute of Law, BANK : Yes Bank Ltd, Samalkha
A/c No. – 017494600000077 IFSC code: YESB0000174, Account Type: Saving
Demand Draft (Crossed DD to be drawn in favour of “GEETA INSTITUTE OF LAW, payble at Panipat) on or before 25th Oct 2018 (Thursday).
Note: Registration fee is not refundable. The institute will not provide any TA/DA.
For any query/assistance: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: +91 9996459683, 9996315200
To view the Brochure, click HERE
Convener: Mr. Abhay Singh Thakur, Asst. Professor, Contact No: +91 9996459683
Co – convener: Ms. Neelam Ruhal, Asst. Professor, Contact No: +91 9996315200
Students Coordinators: Ms. Renu Bala, Phone: 08395910707
Mr. Mohit Kaushik, Phone: 9999244861
Mr. Vignesh, Phone: 7206343780
For more details visit www.geetalawcollege.in