Journal for Dispute Resolution

About Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU-A)

Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad) is a National Law University in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India.

About Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution

The MNLU-A Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, a student initiative that took shape in 2022, to promote academic interest and research on themes pertaining to Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation.

The Centre aims to promote and strengthen ADR mechanisms across the nation by providing a platform for unbiased study and research in the field.

About Journal for Dispute Resolution

The Journal for Dispute Resolution (JDR) is an open-access, annual, and double-blind peer-reviewed journal of MNLU-A. The journal aims to provide a platform for meaningful discourse on contemporary legal issues surrounding ADR in India and international jurisdictions. The Journal primarily seeks to promote interest, research and academic writing among academia, practitioners, students and research scholars alike.

With utmost pleasure, the JDR released its First Volume namely Journal for Dispute Resolution-Volume I in July 2023 dedicated to the field of ADR. As the Centre celebrates this achievement, we look forward to continuing this journey of knowledge dissemination and academic excellence through calling for submissions for its Second Volume.

Submission Categories

• Long Articles (4000-6500 words): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a contemporary issue in the ADR field and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.

• Short Articles (2500-3500 words): The article must be an analysis of a contemporary issue in ADR field and should include a reference to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions

• Case Comments (2000-3000 words): The comment must be an analysis of a recent judgment, bringing out its relevance in light of the development of ADR laws, views expressed in the judgment and the opinion(s) of the author.

• Book Review (2000-3000 words): The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book on any form of ADR Laws, including the issues explored and related arguments of the author.

Submission Guidelines

1. Co-authorship is permissible only up to a maximum of two authors.

2. Submissions are accepted in ENGLISH language only.

3. All Articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 350 words excluding Case Comments & Book Reviews.

4. The author must highlight the legal or socio-economic relevance of the topic chosen in the current scenario in the manuscript.

5. The body of the document must be in Times New Roman, Font size of 12 and line Spacing of 1.5 with justified alignment.

6. All the footnotes must mandatorily conform to The Bluebook (20th Edition): A Uniform System of Citation. Key Available Here.

7. All submissions are required to be mailed in MS Word (.doc) format only.

8. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes and abstract. The prescribed word limit may be relaxed up to 10%, at the discretion of the Editorial Board.

9. The permitted level of Similarity is 15% excluding references or footnotes.

Submissions which do not adhere to the guidelines provided shall not be considered for review.

Submission Procedure

Kindly submit your Manuscript on the Google Form. (Click to access the link)

https://forms.gle/L9ZJYWeepMHDEswX9

The Submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm, 31st December 2023. JDR accepts submissions on a rolling basis, Manuscripts submitted after the deadline shall be considered for publication in Volume 3.

Copyright Policy

Submissions made to JDR must be exclusive and must not have been previously published or submitted elsewhere. The contribution presented to and accepted for publication along the copyrights therein shall be Intellectual property of JDR and vests with JDR The author(s) are to cite their sources and acknowledge the sources for the content which is not original. The author submitting the manuscript agrees to give the JDR all the necessary rights to produce, distribute and publish the manuscript, including but not limited to offline or online media.

Contact Details

In case of any queries, kindly email at jdr_cadr@mnlu.ac.in or contact:

Sakshi Gupta, Faculty Convenor

Kajal Mhasal, Editor-in-Chief

+91 90969 79199

Sayali Dodal, Convenor

+91 95032 86008

Must Watch

maintenance to second wife

bail in false pretext of marriage

right to procreate of convict

Criminology, Penology and Victimology book release

Join the discussion