The National Medical Commission has notified the National Medical Commission (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Medical Colleges and Institutions) Regulations, 2021 vide notification dated 18th November, 2021.
- Every medical college or institution shall comply with the anti-ragging directions and submit a compliance report to the Commission annually in the format provided in Form III.
- If any medical college or institution fails to comply with these regulations and curb ragging, the Commission shall take appropriate action as it may deem fit such as:
- Initiate de-recognition process against such medical college or institution;
- reduce the admission capacity of that medical college or institution to such extent to which the Commission may deem fit;
- Stop further admission in that medical college or institution until further orders;
- Stop renewal of permission for undergraduate, postgraduate and super specialty medical courses;
- Post the information regarding penalties so imposed on the concerned medical college or institution on the website of the Commission for information of all concerned.
- Institution shall constitute an Anti-Ragging Squad with duties such as:
- Adhering to a duty roster if prepared
- Remaining vigilant and agile at all times and also provide necessary details so that the members are easily reachable even by freshers and other students;
- Making surprise checks in the hostels, boarding areas, playgrounds and transport facilities and other areas even at odd hours for which the Anti-Ragging Squad shall be duly empowered
- Making discreet enquiries regarding compliance and adherence of these regulations by seniors
- Conducting anonymous surveys that may be random, to identify possibly unreported incidents of ragging as designed by the medical college or institution.