In view of the COVID-19 Surge, a Committee for the Purpose of Taking Preventive and Remedial Measures and for Combating the impending threat of COVID-19 vide a resolution dated 07-04-2021:
- From 12-04-2021, High Court at its judicial side will function by way of hearing through virtual mode only.
- Initially, 25 Courts will be made functional for hearing through virtual mode. Number of Courts for virtual hearing may increase or decrease as per the existing workload.
- Case files if required by the Court will be placed even during the virtual mode.
- Advocates, Litigants-in persons and Clerks will not be allowed in the High Court premises.
- Filings of cases will be through e-mode and physical form.
- Staff will be deputed in the front office on rotational basis.
- 24 x 7 Helpline will be made functional for assisting the advocates with respect to filing, listing and other information related to a case.
- BSNL to ensure that speed-related issue is resolved so that no obstruction during the virtual hearing is caused.
- The above-said arrangement will be effective from 12-04-2021.
Link to the notification: NOTICE
Allahabad High Court
[Notice dt. 07-04-2021]