The current eleventh edition of this very reputed and authoritative work on the subject by Dr. Avtar Singh has been thoroughly revised and updated in the light of the recent statutory changes in the Companies Act, 2013. An attempt has been made to capture the provisions of the Acts into topics, avoiding a section-wise narration.
Amendments covered include:
- • The Companies Act, 2013 by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015 and Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- • The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 by the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015;
- • The Partnership Act, 1932 by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
Statutes covered in the 11th Edition:
- • Companies Act, 2013
- • Competition Act, 2002
- • Contract Act, 1872
- • Copyright Act, 1957
- • Designs Act, 2000
- • Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection) Act, 1999
- • Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- • Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- • Partnership Act, 1932
- • Patents Act, 1970
- • Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- • Trade Marks Act, 1999
Provides additional online learning resources on www.ebcexplorer.com :
Access to important case law as indicated by Case PilotTM, Discussion ForumTM, SCC Online® Blog, Useful LinksTM – access to a compilation of additional online resources like articles, video links etc.
This book follows a simple and lucid style for easy understanding of the subject and has long been on the list of recommended books for the use of students of Law, Commerce, MBA, Cost Accountancy, Cost and Works Accountancy, Company Secretaryship, etc.
- “It is an improved version with updated Indian case law and foreign case law on the subject. A profusion of headings and sub-headings has also been provided so as to facilitate easy location of any issue under consideration. The book is recommended for corporates, advocates and other professionals as also students undergoing professional courses.” — Chartered Secretary