Ministry of Home Affairs has issued new guidelines for phased re-opening of areas outside Containment Zones. The following guidelines shall remain in force till July 31, 2020.
Here’s all you need to know about Unlock 2
- In Phase 2 of the phased reopening of the Lockdown, all activities will be permitted in areas outside Containment Zones, except the following:
- Schools, Colleges, educational and coaching institutes; Training institutions of the Central and State Governments will be allowed to function with effect from July 15, 2020. SOP in this regard will be issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA
- Metro Rail
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
Dates of opening these activities will be decided separately after assessing the situation.
- Domestic flights and passenger trains have already been allowed in a limited manner. Their operations will be further expanded in a calibrated manner.
- Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force, between 10.00 pm and 5 am, except for essential activities.
- Lockdown to continue to remain in force in Containment Zones till July 31, 2020.
- Containment Zones will be demarcated by District Authorities after taking into consideration the guidelines of MoHFW.
- Only essential activities shall be allowed in Containment Zones. Strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services.
- States/UTs may also identify Buffer Zones outside the Containment Zones, where news cases more likely to occur.
- Within buffer zones, restrictions as considered necessary may be put in place by District authorities.
- No restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements.
- Movement by passenger trains and Shramik special trains; domestic passenger air travel; movement of Indian Nationals Starnded outside the country and of specified persons to travel abroad; evacuation of foreign nations; and sign-on and sign-off-of Indian seafarers will continue to regulated as per SOPs issued.
To read the guidelines in a detailed manner, please follow the link below: