University School of Law and Legal Studies of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is pleased to be conducting the First All-India Online Vimarsh Speech Competition. It is an online elocution competition that aims to further the existing discourse regarding COVID-19 while giving students a platform to hone their public speaking skills and raise their voice regarding the ongoing pandemic.
The theme of the competition is “New World Order in Wake of COVID – 19 – Opportunities and Encumbrances / ????? – ?? ?? ?????? ??? ?????-????????, ???? ??? ???????? |”
The following rules and guidelines have to be followed:
- Interested participants shall submit an .mp4 file of their entry to usllscompetitions.ggsipu@
gmail.com by 11:59 AM, 28th May, 2020.
- The maximum time for a speech is 3 minutes, and the submission should not exceed 70MB.
- Speeches can be delivered in Hindi or English.
- Use of un-parliamentary language or socially, morally suggestive expressions is prohibited. Any attempts for politicizing the issue, promoting bias against a certain community or any such acts will lead to disqualification.
- Any other use of unfair means to manipulate the polling process shall lead to disqualification.
- Entries shall be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- The University shall retain all rights to submitted videos.
- 60% weightage will be given to the judges’ score of the event. The judges shall score the entries based on their Content, Clarity, Delivery and Awareness (of the issue).
- 40% weightage will be given to the number of likes of a video, adjusted for relativity to other entries.