The Belles-Lettres J.E. Dastur Memorial Government Law College Short Fiction is a fiction essay writing competition that encourages students to exercise their creative writing skills. It is sponsored inthe memory of Late Mr Jal. E. Dastur, one of GLC’s most distinguished alumni. Mr Dastur loved literature and was a master of the linguistic art.
The details for this edition are provided here in below:
Conclude your story with the following sentence:
“….one must imagine Sisyphus happy.”
Incorporate the following objects in your story:
Chopsticks | Deck of Cards | Radio
Build your story around the following characters:
Maya Angelou, Sigmund Freud and Socrates are part of the same book club.
Build a story revolving around the following image:
1st Prize ₹8,000/-
2nd Prize ₹6,000/-
3rd Prize ₹4,000/-
The first prize winning entry will be published in méLAWnge 2021-22, the Annual College Magazine of Government Law College, Mumbai. All publishing rights will remain with the organising committee.
WORD LIMIT 1500 – 3500 WORDS
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION 10th January, 2023
- Participants must have passed their HSC/CBSE/ISC (10+2) or any other equivalent examination.
- They must presently be enrolled in a graduation course in any field.
- Post Graduate (Degree) course students are not eligible.
- Post Graduate (Diploma) course students are eligible to participate, except those pursuing Management Studies.
- Only single authorship is permitted. An entry co-authored by two or more students will not be accepted.
The decision of the organising committee as to eligibility shall be final and binding.
- Each entry should be no shorter than 1500 words, and no longer than 3500 words. Marks will bededucted for violation of the word limit.
- The entry should adhere to the following formatting requirements:Font type – Times New Roman, Font size – 12, Double-spacing, One inch margin on each side, with Justified alignment of text.
The identity of the student or the college, university, institution, etc. should not be revealed in the textof the essay in any manner whatsoever.
Use of topic, Originality, Language, Plot of the story.
- Each entry must be the original and previously unpublished work of the participant. A copy of the entry should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in both the PDF and Word formats with the subject “Entry for Belles-Lettres 2021-22”.
- Participants must submit a short bio-data in the body of the e-mail containing the following information:Full name, year, college name, telephone number & postal address along with personal contact number, email-id & postal address.
- In the body of the same email, participants are required to specify which topic they have chosen to writeon. Such specification must not be included in the entry itself.
- Participants must submit a scanned copy of their College Student Identity Card or equivalent Fee Receipt. Entries which do not contain the same, will not be accepted.
- The entries shall be the property of the Magazine Committee, Government Law College, Mumbai, which reserves the right of publication of the same in any periodical, journal, book, electronic resource or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate.
The organising committee’s decision as regards the interpretation of rules or any other matter related to the Competition shall be final and binding.
For any further details or clarifications please contact:
Khadija Hetavkar, Chief Student Editor +91 9136032099 | Sanika Dalvi, Chief Student Editor +91 9619145153