About the Journal
The CASIHR Journal on Human Rights Practice (JHRP) is a new endeavor of the Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) in furtherance of its aim of understanding the expanding horizons of Human Rights Law and Practice. The journal is a bi-annual peer reviewed referred journal with ISSN: 2581-4834 aimed at contributing to the literature on Human Rights and providing a platform for academicians, professionals and students to contribute to its growth in addition to promote research and deliberation in the field of Human Rights. It aims at encouraging academicians, professionals as well students to contribute long articles, short articles/essays, book reviews and case comments related to the field of Human Rights.
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (‘CASIHR’) is a research centre under the aegis of RGNUL, Punjab. The Centre’s primary objective is to undertake, support and promote advanced study and interdisciplinary research on the emerging trends in human rights and its allied fields. It endeavours to encourage debates and discussions on the matters that gyrate around the human rights at regional, national, and international level so as to contribute paradigm shift in the cognitive understanding of these issues.
Call for Papers
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (‘CASIHR’), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab invites articles, case comments and book reviews for Volume 6, Issue 1 of the CASIHR Journal on Human Rights Practice (‘CASIHR JHRP’).
To provide a platform for more pointed, specialized and diverse inputs and analyses, the adherence to a rigid thematic issue has been dispensed with. Therefore, this particular volume is not theme specific in nature and authors are free to write on any topic relevant to the field of Human Rights.
The manuscripts received will, after initial screening, go through a double blind peer review process by relevant academicians and experts. Final selection will be based on the aforementioned process.
Authors are free to write on any subject of their choice provided it remains within the ambit of Human Rights and adds to contemporary discourse regarding the same.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
30th March 2022 at 11:59PM
Submissions can be made under the following heads:
- Long Articles – Maximum preferred word limit 7000-8000 words.
- Short Articles/ Essays – Word Limit of 5000 – 6000 words.
- Case Comments – Word Limit of 3000 – 4000 words.
- Book Reviews – Word limit of 1500 – 2500 words.
- Abstracts- Word limits of 250-300 words.
The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
Our forum is an egalitarian space and submissions are welcome from human right researchers, academicians, practitioners, members of civil society organizations and policymakers.
FORMAT OF SUBMISSION
All the contributors must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All Submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The body of the document must be in Times New Roman with a font size of 12 and Line Spacing of 1.5.
- Manuscripts must be in English and should be submitted in softcopy through email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The citations must conform to OSCOLA Style.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two authors.
- Book reviews must contain—the name of author/editor and book reviewed, place of publication and publisher, year of publication, number of pages, and price.
- Plagiarism should be less than 10% as per UGC norms.
- All submissions are required to be mailed in .doc/.docx format only.
- Once submitted, a manuscript goes through the following stages:
- The Editor will first peruse the manuscript to check whether it comes within the discourse of Human Rights.
- Once the preliminary checks are done, the manuscript will be peer-reviewed, which may take at least 3–4 weeks. The Journal follows a peer review process.
- Depending upon the reviewers’ recommendations, the manuscript is either accepted, suggested for revisions, or absolutely rejected. In case of revisions, rewriting suggestions will be given to the author/contributor, who will then modify the manuscript as per the requirements; thereby sending back the revised manuscript.
- Once the Editor finally approves a manuscript, then it is forwarded to the publishing unit, to be included in the Journal.
All the submissions must be mailed only to email@example.com with a cover letter specifying the following:
- Name of Author(s)
- Names and Address of Institution
- Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
- Undertaking regarding Originality of the work and Transfer of copyright in compliance with UGC Norms and RGNUL rules for publication
For more details, refer Call for Papers CJHRP Vol 6 Issue 1
In case of any query, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.