The Society for International Trade and Competition Law and the Centre for Competition Law, NUJS, calls for abstracts for a One Day Seminar on Competition Law and Policy: Contemporary Challenges. The conference will feature panel discussions, expert talks and paper presentations. The conference will be held in online mode on WebEx Video Conferencing Platform. We invite lawyers, academicians, economic and industry experts, undergraduate and postgraduate law students and research scholars to participate in the conference.
All abstracts will be reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research depth, accuracy, and relevance to the conference call for abstracts. Selected conference papers will be reviewed through a blind peer-reviewing process and the best papers shall be published by a reputed publisher post the conference.
The sub-themes for the conference are as follows:
- Big Data: Emerging Concerns under Competition Law
- Cartels and their Regulation during the pandemic
- Digital Markets & Online Platforms regulation under Competition law
- Interface of Competition law with other Legislations
The detailed concept note can be accessed HERE
February 15, 2022: Last date for submitting abstracts
February 18, 2022: Intimation of selection of abstract
March 16, 2022: Conference Full paper submission
March 26 2022: Conference in Online Mode
Abstract: [Within 500 Words, excluding Title, Author Details and Key Words]
The abstract should necessarily cover the following points:
- Title of the Paper.
- Name, designation, affiliation, email address and contact number(s) of the author(s).
- Introduction (The topic and context should be introduced within 200 words).
- Statement of Problem and Research Questions: This part should mention the issues/questions that the author is trying to address in the paper, and the author’s tentative stance regarding these issues/questions.
- Scope and methodology: This part should outline the scope of the research, it’s time-frame, jurisdiction/s, other relevant information about research coverage and the methodology used for research.
- Relevant decisions/case-studies sought to be analyzed in course of the paper.
- Keywords (upto 5).
- The number of authors is limited to two (2).
- The final paper should not exceed 5000 words (excluding footnotes, bibliography and abstract).
- Authors should follow the NUJS Citation Style (1st ed.) available at HERE
- Patron-in-Chief: Prof. (Dr.) Nirmal Kanti Chakrabarti, Vice-Chancellor, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- Directors of the Program: Dr. Tilottama Raychaudhuri, Assistant professor (Law) and Dr. Shouvik Kumar Guha, Assistant Professor (Law).
- Student Coordinators: Aditya Kishore, Istela Jameel, Srihitha Vala, (BA. LLB Hons.) • Email Ids: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.