The Government of Himachal Pradesh has amended Himachal Pradesh Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2008. The amendment introduces new rates towards financial assistance for the education of the children of the Beneficiary.
1. Following Rules have been inserted
- Rule 298: Female Birth Gift Scheme: The Board may provide a sum of Rs. 51000/- only in shape of FDR which may be given to the beneficiary on the birth of his/her female child (upto 2 girls), which will be enchashed at the completion of 18 years of the said daughter. If the girl in whose name an FDR has been made unfortunately dies before attaining the age of eighteen years, the FDR will get transferred to the third girl child of beneficiary if any, otherwise the entire amount will be paid the nominee.
- Rule 299: Mentally Retarded Children Benefit Scheme: A financial assistance for the care of mentally retarded or handicapped children with disability of 50% and above beneficiary @ Rs 20000 per year will be provided to him/her on production of valid medical certificate issued by competent authority.
- Rule 300: Widow Pension: The widow of a deceased beneficiary will be provided a pension of sum of Rs. 1500/- per month after the death of the said beneficiary, provided that she is not employed in any Govt./semi-govt. or autonomous body under the Government of India/Government of Himachal Pradesh on regular, contract or daily wage basis.
- Rule 301: Hostel Facility Scheme: A beneficiary will be provided a maximum amount of Rs. 20000/- for the expenses incurred by him/her on lodging, boarding and food of his children living in any hostel.
- Rule 302: Mukhyamantri Awas Yojna: A beneficiary who is already enrolled either under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna or Mukhya Mantri Awas Yojna, will be provided a financial assistance of Rs. 1,50,000 to build his/her home.
2. Rule 281(1) has been modified to provide new rates for financial assistance for education of children of the beneficiary from the Fund.