The Centre of Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law and Indian Society of Criminology have signed a MOU, for joint publication of Indian Journal of Criminology in September 2021. Thus, the centre metes out a call for papers to be published in the December 2021 edition of the journal.
About the Centre of Criminolog, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been established at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab under the able guidance of Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNUL for advanced research, training, policy analysis and consultancy in the areas of criminology, criminal justice and victimology.
About the Indian Journal of Criminology
The Indian Journal of Criminology is a bi-annual publication of the Indian Society of Criminology. The journal is popular for its intellectual acumen within academia, and is now listed in the UGC Care List. The scope of the Journal encapsulates all aspects of Criminology, Criminological sciences (Criminal Biology, Psychology, Sociology, and Penology), Subsidiary sciences (Forensic Science, Forensic Medicine, Judicial Psychology), and Victimology.
About the submissions
Articles are invited from researchers and members of professional groups working in the — Police, Legal Departments, Correctional Services, Social Welfare Organisations, Forensic Sciences, Laboratories, etc.
- Contributors may submit a soft copy of their original and unpublished pieces of research writings in English only, through e-mail at email@example.com latest by 30th November 2021, accompanied by a Cover Letter including the following statements:
- I confirm that the citations in the attached manuscript are accurate.
- I confirm that I have read the submission policy and that my manuscript complies with the Journal’s submission policy.
- I confirm that any part of the manuscript does not violate any copyright of others.
- The preferred maximum length for an Article is 7000–8000 words, Essay is 5000–6000 words, Note/Comment is 3000–4000 words, and Book Review is 1500–2500 words, including Abstract (200–250 words) and Footnote(s).
- Use of italics and diacriticals should be minimised, but used in a consistent manner all through the text, if any. Tables and figures to be indicated by numbers separately (see Table 1.), not by placement (see Table below). All Figures and Tables should be cited in the text. Sources for figures and tables should be mentioned, irrespective of whether or not they require permissions.
- Harvard Method of Citation is to be followed for referencing, kindly refer to the link: https://www.mendeley.com/guides/harvard-citation-guide. List of References at the end of the paper should be in an alphabetical order of authors.
- Book reviews must contain—the name of author/editor and book reviewed, place of publication and publisher, year of publication, number of pages, and price.
Once submitted, a manuscript goes through the following stages:
- The Editor will first peruse the manuscript to check whether it fits well within the aims and scope of the Indian Journal of Criminology.
- Once the preliminary checks are done, the manuscript will be peer-reviewed, which may take at least 3–4 weeks. The Journal follows a typical double-blind review process.
- Depending upon the reviewers’ recommendations, the manuscript is accepted, suggested for revisions, or absolutely rejected. In case of revisions, rewriting suggestions will be given to the author/contributor, who will then modify the manuscript as per the requirements; thereby sending back the revised manuscript.
- Once the Editor finally approves a manuscript, then it is forwarded to the publishing unit, to be included in the Journal.
Note: Submission of the articles is a continuous process and has no specific dates for both the issues published bi-annually. Accepted articles if not published in the first issue, will be placed in the next issue. Contributor(s)/Author(s) shall be sent an acceptance letter, based on the peer-reviewed acceptance process. Soft copy of the article shall be sent to the Author(s) of the accepted manuscripts, for their kind references. However, the print copy may be purchased by sending a demand for the same, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All communication regarding Journal may be addressed to: email@example.com