About Army Institute of Law:
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India.
The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education. AIL has a magnificent residential campus in an impressive architectural structure in the vicinity of Chandigarh and Punjab & Haryana High Court. It conducts a five year BA.LLB and a one year LL.M course.
About the Moot:
The Army Institute of Law, Mohali, has designed as a part of its endeavour to provide, facilitate and expose the student community towards criminal law and takes immense pleasure in announcing the 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition, 2021. The competition is scheduled to be held from 29th – 30th October 2021, on a virtual platform. The moot will be judged by legal luminaries who have expertise in criminal law.
Participation is open for bona-fide students who are either pursuing 3-year L.L.B. course or the 5-year integrated law course during the current academic year. Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers) only.
Note- No faculty member, coach, observer, or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team, and neither will be allowed to join the video-conferencing nor the chat room during the session.
The oral rounds shall comprise of:
- Preliminary Rounds (Memorial based selection)
- Octa/Quarter/Semi and Final Rounds (via videoconferencing)
- The teams should provisionally register through by sending an email to email@example.com (with subject – Moot Court Registration Checkmate 2021) by 30th September, 2021.
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the Registration Fee: Rs 2500/- (non-refundable) for each participating team, is to be submitted by 5th October, 2021, through online transaction by clicking on the link: HERE
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of the receipt of payment of Rs. 2500/- paid using online mode, along with the duly filled registration form and scanned college ID card should be sent on or before 5th October, 2021, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Release of Proposition and Rules: 20th September, 2021
- Deadline for Provisional Registration: 30th September, 2021
- Deadline for submission of registration form and fee: 5th October, 2021
- Deadline for seeking clarifications to propositions: 7th October, 2021
- Release of Clarifications: 9th October, 2021
- Deadline for submission of Memorials (Soft Copy only): 20th October, 2021
- Declaration of result of Memorial on or before: 26th October, 2021
- Researcher’s Test: 29th October, 2021
- Rounds (via video-conferencing): 29th– 30th October, 2021
Octa-Quarter finals: 29th October, 2021
Quarterfinals: 29th October 2021
Semi-finals: 30th October, 2021
Final: 30th October 2021
- Best Team: Rupees 18,000/-
- Runner Up: Rupees 12,000/-
- Third Best Team: Rupees 6,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rupees 9,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rupees 6,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rupees 4,000/-
Note: All the Participants will get participation certificates. E-Certificates shall be mailed to the teams within fifteen days from the event.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact through e-mail at: email@example.com
Dr. Bajirao A Rajwade
Student Convenors :
Ms. Dilisha D Nair: +91 9818519686
Mr. Devyang Bahri: +91 7986784257
Please find the rules, moot prop and registration form Here
In case of queries, you can reach out to the AIL MCS at firstname.lastname@example.org