The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab is organising the 1st National Negotiation Competition on ‘Aviation Law and The Industry’ from October 08-10, 2021.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Since its inception in 2018, the vision of the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law has been to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. The Centre strives to organize stimulating discourse which is relevant to, not only the academia, but also the professional world and thus add to the literature of ADR.
With the experience of organising three successful editions of our prestigious Mediation Competition, this year CADR, RGNUL is launching its Negotiation Competition – “1st RGNUL Negotiation Competition 2021”. The Competition will be organised virtually and it aims to provide a platform that will help students to be a part of disputes corresponding to the reality witnessed by the legal professionals.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION
The competition shall have 2 preliminary rounds, 1 Quarter-Final round, 1 Semi-Final round and the Final round.
- Any student enrolled in an Undergraduate or postgraduate law degree programme in any of the universities recognised by the Bar Council of India, as on 1st April 2021 is eligible to participate.
- Each University may be represented by a maximum of one team.
Awards will be given for the following:
- Winning Negotiation Team (Rs. 20,000)
- Runners-up Negotiation Team (Rs. 15,000)
- Best Negotiator (Rs. 5,000)
- Best Negotiation Plan (Rs. 5,000)
Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Each participating team will consist of two eligible students from the same university, acting as client and counsel.
- The composition of the team will not be permitted to change once the same has been communicated to the Competition Administrator.
- The teams must complete the registration by submitting the following form latest by 15th of September [Link].
- Upon selection by the Organising Committee, the teams must complete the payment of registration fee of Rs. 2000.
The details of the payment of the registration fee will be notified to the teams upon selection.
Registration opens: August 23, 2021
Last Date of Registration: September 15, 2021
Release of the Proposition: September 20, 2020
Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: September 25, 2021
Release of Clarifications: October 01, 2021
Competition Dates: October 08-10, 2021
In case of query, you may reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Gurmanpreet Kaur: 9501034463
Jannat Deep Bhaura: 7087782713
Arjun Goyal: 7009367255
For the Registration Link, click here
For Rules, refer 1st RGNUL National Negotiation Competition – Rules