About CAN Foundation
The CAN Foundation is an entity established for working towards promotion of students/alumni connected with all the National Law Universities in India. The Foundation, which is a body of Alumni drawn from various NLUs, is conceptualized as a helping hand to aid financially underprivileged legal geniuses in overcoming their hardships. Our focus is on a robust integration of the student community with the already well-established Alumni in such a fashion that it paves the path for students to be exposed to more opportunities within different avenues of Law.
As an endeavour to increase Research Oriented Academic Writing among Law Students and Professionals alike, we at CAN Foundation have introduced ‘Vedanam’ to the Legal community. CAN’s Vedanam is an Academic Wing of the Foundation, aiming to provide a platform for Dhananjay and Eklavya Scholars and Law students across the nation. We believe that Academic and Legal discourse on topics of contemporary relevance is one of the essential aspects of learning to attain proficiency in any field. The exposure it gives to the students, alongside helping them in developing critical thought and an analytical outlook, is tremendous. One of the dear ideals of the CAN Foundation is Legal Literacy and increasing access to the same, a goal it has been working diligently towards realizing, since its inception. CAN’s Vedanam will not only supplement Legal Literature on a range of contemporary issues in the field of Law but will also promote the Object and Vision of the Foundation by encouraging more students to associate with the Foundation.
We are extremely grateful to our Patrons, Donors and Well Wishers for their continued support and blessings. Their words of wisdom go a long way in reinforcing our belief in ourselves & help us achieve new heights.
Vedanam shall be nurtured by the Board of Mentors comprising of Prof. (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar (Director, Gujarat National Law University), Prof. (Dr.) V.C. Vivekanandan (Vice Chancellor, Hidayatullah National Law University), Mr. Sumeet Malik (Director, EBC Group of companies) and Mr. Vikramjit Banerjee (Additional Solicitor General For India). We shall forever remain indebted to them for their constant support.
The Board of Mentors shall be preceded by the Professional Editorial Board members of which have contributed to Legal Literature and Discourse. We shall be eternally grateful to Mr. Ankit Swarup (Advocate-On-Record Supreme Court of India), Ms. Srishti Chaturvedi (Doctoral Research Scholar, National Law Institute University), Mr. Tarun Singh (Assistant Professor, Gujarat National Law University) and Ms. Sanskriti Sanghi (Lecturer, Jindal Global Law School) for their able guidance.
The Editorial Board of Vedanam is now inviting applications from students to contribute to the activities of the Blog as members of the Student Editorial Board. At present, a total of 15 vacancies are being floated for the Board of Student Editors.
The Editorial Board of ‘Vedanam’ seeks applications from enthusiastic Researchers who can oversee and maintain the Editorial direction of the Blog to ensure a steady flow of engaging and thought-provoking Original Research Publications.
- The applicant must be in or above 3rd year pursuing an Integrated Undergraduate Law Course or pursuing LL.M. from any recognized Law University or Law Department of a recognized University.
- The applicant must have strong research and analytical skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates having publications in Journals or Blogs of eminent repute. However, the same is not a pre-requisite to apply. It is on the discretion of Professional Editorial Board to decide on the question of what will be considered as a Journal or Blog of eminent repute.
- An awareness of contemporary Legal Affairs will be a valuable add on.
- Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience or research experience. However, the same is not a pre-requisite to apply.
- A Member of the Student Editorial Board will be expected to work for a minimum period of 12 months from the date of joining the team.
Interested Candidates can submit their application with following documents along with the duly filled registration form (HERE)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Statement of Purpose (900-1000 words). This should Mandatorily include- Your vision, Contribution towards the Blog and towards the promotion of CAN’s Objective and Cause.
- URL of one writing sample (Preferably Single-Authored and Published).
The applications must be submitted on or before January 19 2021, 1700 Hours.
Please go through all the requirements carefully. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Looking forward to your active contribution.
For more information, click HERE
For any queries, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Contact Number(s): 9664048964 & 9079145179