UGC Revised Guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar for the Universities in view of COVID-19 Pandemic
Highlights of the guidelines are as under:
- In view of the emerging situation related to COVID-19 pandemic in India, it is important to safeguard the principles of health, safety, fair and equal opportunity for students. At the same time, it is very crucial to ensure academic credibility, career opportunities and future progress of students globally. Academic evaluation of students is very important milestone in any education system. The performance in examination gives confidence and satisfaction to the students and is a reflection of competence, performance and credibility that is necessary for global acceptability.
- Terminal semester(s)/final year examinations be conducted by the universities/institutions by the end of September, 2020 in offline/online/blended mode.
- Students of terminal semester/final year students having backlog should compulsorily be evaluated by conducting examinations in offline/blended/online mode as per feasibility and suitability.
- In case a student of terminal semester/ final year is unable to appear in the examination conducted by the university for whatsoever the reasons may be, he/she may be given opportunity to appear in special examinations for such courses/ papers, which may be conducted by the university as and when feasible, so that the student is not put to any inconvenience. The above measure is a one-time measure for academic session: 2019-2020.
- Guidelines as notified on 29th April, 2020 for intermediate semester/year examination will remain unchanged.