The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for Agreement on Science and Technology Cooperation between India and the United States of America.
- Agreement will open a new chapter in bilateral relations as both sides will leverage complementary strengths spurred by a significant convergence of mutual interests in science and technology.
- The Agreement would provide an opportunity to promote ‘high quality’ and ‘high impact’ research and innovation partnerships as well as broadening and expanding relationships between the extensive scientific and technological communities.
The cooperation would be made in the various forms which include the following:
- Exchanges of scientific & technical information and experts.
- Convening of seminars and meetings.
- Training of scientists and technical experts.
- Conduct of cooperative research projects.
- Establishment of science & innovation-based public-private partnerships.
- Use of advanced research facilities.
Ministry of Science & Technology
[Press Release dt. 23-10-2019]