Society for Law and Technology (SOLT) at DSNLU is proud to present its 1st National Essay writing competition on “Regulation of E-commerce Need of the Hour.”
The Society for Law and Technology seeks to provide a platform for intensive research and debate over legal issues linked to the emergence of new technologies and thereby aims to stimulate awareness by promoting participation and deliberation of such issues.
Themes of the Essay Competition:
- Draft National Policy on e-commerce
- FDI in e-commerce
- Consumer Protection in e-commerce
- Regulation of digital products in e-commerce
- Cross border data flow regulations in e-commerce
- Online advertisements and e-commerce
- Taxation reforms and e-commerce
- Legal aspects pertaining to localization of e-commerce data
- Intermediary liability protections and e-commerce
- Customs and Import aspects relating to e-commerce
- IPR protection in e-commerce environment
Above-mentioned subthemes are only illustrative and not exhaustive. Contributors can choose any other subtheme that falls within the ambit of this competition.
Who Can Apply?
Competition is open for college and university students, undergraduates, postgraduates & research scholars of all courses/streams.
- All submissions shall be mailed at email@example.com
- A candidate is eligible to submit only one entry.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Multiple entries from same college is permitted.
- The completed Essay along with Abstract, Covering Letter and Declaration Form shall be submitted by the candidate in the form of a soft copy (MS Word Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as: “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition” on or before 20th of April 2019 [11:59 pm].
- Subject of the email while submitting abstract should be “Abstract Submission” and for final essay, it should be “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition”.
- A cover letter shall be made as a separate document in MS Word format and separately attached as a file in the e-mail along with the completed essay which shall consist of details mentioned below:
a) Full name and address of the Candidate
b) Name and full address of the Law school/ university
c) The theme selected for the essay
d) E-mail of the candidate
- The word limit of the abstract is 250 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 2500-3000 words inclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are not permitted).
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
- Only original essays on the given topics that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed.
- Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Candidates shall send a signed copy (scanned) of the declaration form (provided) along with the essay and cover letter.
- Registration Fees: 200 INR. The method of payment of the fee would be using bank transfer, the bank details would be given to the participants along with their registration form.
- Any entry not adhering to registration rules shall not be entertained.
- Important Dates
- Last Date Of Registration: 5th April’ 2019
- Last Date Of Submission: 20th April’ 2019
- First Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 1,000/-
Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all participants. Judgment will be based on the following parameters:
- Quality of language
*The decisions of the judges will be final and binding.
All communication may kindly be directed to email@example.com, or alternatively to:
Abhinav Mishra (Convener) – +91-6305637636
Siva Rama Raju (Co-convener) – +91-8500118765
Declaration of originality
IMPORTANT: The signed declaration of originality is a component of every paper, article, essay and
book review, including the respective electronic versions.
Authors other than law students may also require a declaration of originality for submissions.
I hereby confirm that I am the sole author of the written work here enclosed and that I have compiled it in my own words. Parts excepted are corrections of form and content by the supervisor.
Title of work (in block letters):
Authored by (in block letters):
With my signature I confirm that
? I have committed none of the forms of plagiarism described in the ‘Submission brochure’
? I have documented all methods, data and processes truthfully.
? I have not manipulated any data.
? I have mentioned all persons who were significant facilitators of the work.
I am aware that the work may be screened electronically for plagiarism.