Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb-UK) will be conducting an Introductory Level International Arbitration Accreditation Course in association with the ADR Cell on September 28-29, 2018, at GNLU. The training programme will be conducted by certified trainers deputed by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), and will also include mock arbitration sessions to develop practical skills of the student. Further, upon successful completion of the course and clearing the online examination, the participants shall be deemed to be associate grade members (ACIArb).
- usage of the suffix ‘ACIArb’ after his/her name.
- access to CIArb’s global professional standards, guidance, and law updates;
- access to CIArb’s alternative dispute resolution student online networking and discussion forum;
- discounts on various CIArb courses, conferences, and seminars;
- news and information including The Resolver magazine, regular CIArb updates, CIArb’s members’ forum and a weekly Linex Legal alerter service;
- access to the latest thinking in alternative dispute resolution, including a free subscription to CIArb’s leading quarterly journal, Arbitration, academic studies, and research and access to CIArb’s library;
- access to our online library of CIArb publications, including issues of The Journal dating back to 1915; and
- discounts on CIArb conferences, events, books, and other services
The following topics shall be covered in the sessions, amongst other specific topics mentioned in the course outline:
1. Different methods of ADR.
2. UNCITRAL Model Law and Arbitration Rules.
3. Latest developments in the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
4. Different forms of arbitration clauses in agreements.
5. The process of arbitration including the appointment of an arbitrator, terms of reference, statement of claim/ defense, conducting a hearing and procedural issues, essentials of the award, interest, and cost, recourse to award, and enforcement of the award.
6. A mock session shall be conducted to share greater insights into the arbitration process.
The organization is offering this course at a discounted rate of INR 5000+18% GST (which is inclusive of membership fee). Ordinarily, qualifying as an accredited associate would cost INR 30,000 elsewhere, however, law students from BCI recognized colleges in Gujarat attending the same at GNLU are entitled to this reduced fee. It is mandatory for the participants of the course to be registered as a student member of CIArb.
Interested students may register for the course by following these steps:
1. Become a student member (free) by following the steps at this link: https://www.ciarb.org/student-registration/personal-details.
2. Send a screenshot of the final page showing proof of completion of student membership in reply to this email.
3. The payment link will be shared with you on completion of the above steps.
Last Date of Registration: September 21, 2018