Delhi High Court: A Division Bench comprising of S. Ravindra Bhat and AK Chawla, JJ,. listed the next day of hearing on 11.04.2018 in a writ petition against the Corporations (North Delhi Municipal Corporation, South Delhi Municipal Corporation, East Delhi Municipal Corporation and New Delhi Municipal Council) for compliance with sanctioned construction plan in accordance with the law.

The Court found that only 25% of buildings in Delhi complied with the sanctioned construction plan. The remaining 75% which fall within the authority of the Corporations were found to not comply with the sanctioned construction plans. Further, the Court found that it’s order mandating the Corporations to come up with a comprehensive action plan to deal with earthquakes and like threats were not complied with.

The Corporations and local bodies (such as the DDA) were ordered to prepare a comprehensive action plan in accordance with the Court’s directions and submit the same within four weeks, failing which, the Commissioners of the Corporations were directed to be present in the Court in the next hearing. [Arpit Bhargava v. New Delhi Municipal Corporation, 2018 SCC OnLine Del 7378, order dated 7.2.2018]

Must Watch

maintenance to second wife

bail in false pretext of marriage

right to procreate of convict

Criminology, Penology and Victimology book release

Join the discussion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.