Symbiosis Law School, Pune presents the SLS-P Conclave with the theme of New Indian Manifesto – A Young Indian Governance Narrative to be held at Symbiosis Law School, Pune on the 20th and 21st of February, 2019, with prizes up to Rs. 75,000 to be won!
Brief about SLS-P Conclave 2019
The Objective of the Conclave is to encourage young leaders shape the Election Narrative for the Lok Sabha Elections to be held later this year. It aims at building knowledge and technical skills among the students who would participate in the event. The Conclave would revolve around the various themes related to the General Elections, 2019 that include Environment and Sustainable Development, Governmental Reforms, Shifting the focus of Farmer Welfare and MSME Development, Gender Empowerment and Youth Empowerment.
Application Process :
- The Applicants are expected to submit the Application form which has been attached with the mail latest by 11:59 pm on 30th January, 2019along with a Policy Note on any of the themes mentioned above.
- The Policy Note may scope out issues prevalent in India under the particular sub-theme, elaborate upon one particular issue, suggest solutions or analyze the effectiveness of solutions which have already been proposed.
- The Policy Note must be original, well-researched, well-referenced, and should not contain more than 1500 words including footnotes. A uniform method of citation must be followed throughout the Note.
- The Policy Note shall be used for short-listing applicants. The Note shall be coded before it is forwarded to the Assessor to maintain anonymity.
The Assessor shall score the applications on the following criteria:
- analysis of problem/scenario at hand (30%),
- plausibility of solutions presented (40%),
- research (20%)
- articulation (10%).
Shortlisting & Registration:
- The first shortlist will be released by 4th February, 2019. The Selected participants will be contacted via the contact details provided in the application form. A maximum of 25 (5 x 5) applicants will be shortlisted to participate in the Conclave.
- Shortlisted participants are required to register themselves with the payment of Rs. 500 before 9th February, 2019. Bank Details will be mailed to the selected participants. There will be further information provided regarding the hospitality and transport to the selected students.
- A second shortlist may be released at a later date depending upon the number of applicants who have registered for the Conclave; or for any other reason deemed appropriate by Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Forum Allotment: The participants will be divided into 5 forums inclusive of 5 participants on the basis of draw of lots.
The Event shall be divided into a Preliminary Track and a Main Track.
For registration, click HERE
For further details/queries, please contact:
- Ananya Bhardwaj (+91 9930198516),
- Nimrat Kaur (+91 9561907328)(WhatsApp) or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for registering and submitting the policy note is 11:59 pm on 2nd of February, 2019.
For more details, refer Proposal for Conclave 2019