Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organisation working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It is a pan-Indian, student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates. We conduct sensitisations across India to spread awareness among underprivileged children about opportunities in pursuing law as a career, select promising students and provide training for law entrance examinations, including the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), provide financial aid and mentorship to underprivileged children once they secure admission to a leading law school. To know more about IDIA, visit the website here.
IDIA – Kerala State Chapter functions from its base in National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi with the active involvement of its students, who are in charge of the various operations. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies is a uni-disciplinary university in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education. It is the only National Law University in the state of Kerala.
The Competition and Eligibility:
The Kerala Chapter of IDIA is hosting an essay writing competition on Arbitration. The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India.
Themes and Sub-Themes:
Theme – Arbitration
The participants can choose sub-themes of their own or those dealing with contemporary issues in the following:
- Arbitration over Litigation
- Growth of arbitration in India
- Role of Arbitrator in Arbitration
- Transparency in Arbitration
Guidelines For Submission:
- All submissions shall be uploaded on the form here.
- By submitting an article, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- Length of the article must not exceed 1500 words.
- All submissions must be in English. The content should be written in Times New Roman font, with size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, the use of endnotes is recommended. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Entries not abiding by the above instructions will not be accepted.
Registration Fee – Minimum Contribution: Rs. 150/
Payment and Registration Details:
The payment can be made to the following account:
Account Holder: Aashna Dev
Phone Number: +91 95444 07235
UPI ID: aashnadev04@oksbi
Please note that you will be required to upload the proof of payment with the Submission Form.
- 1st Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors + Book: “A Guide to Fashion Law” worth Rs. 1000
- 2nd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors
- 3rd Prize – Certificate of Merit + Internship with PSL Advocates and Solicitors
- Certificate of Merit will be given to top 5 participants.
For more details or any queries, reach out to us at: email@example.com or +91 62389 76698 (Anugra).
Please find attached the brochure for the event here.