Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai organises a plethora of activities for the students and community to further the cause of Alternative Dispute Resolution. With this spirit, we are proud to present the 3rd edition of Mediation Bombay- International Dispute Resolution Competition 2022, where 24 national and international law schools from are set to participate and compete for various titles and awards this year.
About the University:
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, established under the Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014 on 20th March 2014, is one of the premier National Law Universities in India. Situated in the financial capital of the country, the University has been able to leverage its strategic location advantage and carved out a niche for itself in the field of Corporate and Commercial Law, Banking Laws and Arbitration Law.
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Society of Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai is a student-run body, which supervises all college activities related to Alternative Dispute Resolution. The main aim of the society is to foster in students, knowledge for the intriguing field of ADR, through participative and experiential learning. In furtherance of this goal, society facilitates the representation of the college at various national and international competitions.
About the 3rd Edition of Mediation Bombay
Mediation Bombay aims to foster the growth of ADR practices in India and to impact the quality of these practices. Through Mediation Bombay, we wish to change the approach towards ADR and the manner in which students perceive Mediation. The first 2 editions of Mediation Bombay have been resounding successes and now we’re back and we’re going international with our 3rd edition: Mediation Bombay 3.0
The competition will be held from 20th to 24th April 2022. The Organising Committee of Mediation Bombay assures you that Mediation Bombay will help the participants gain insights into mediation practices, polish their skills, receive training from experts, and take back memories that won’t be forgotten. The competition slots will be allotted based on a first-come-first-served basis, and according to our selection criteria. In light of the pandemic, Mediation Bombay will be held virtually this year. The platform for the competition will be Zoom.
1) There are two steps to the registration process for the competition, provisional registration and final registration.
2) For Provisional Registration-
- Teams shall provisionally register here via their University in a group of 3, i.e., Negotiating Pair (2) and a Mediator (1).
- Teams shall submit an application form with the relevant information as requested by the form.
- The application for a slot has to be made by filling the Provisional registration form latest by23:59 Hrs. on March 25, 2022.
- 24 teams will be selected. Each team will register with a negotiating pair and a mediator. (1 Team = 2 Negotiators + 1 Mediator)
- Maximum of 2 teams per Institute can register. Selection per team will be based on the availability of slots and the merit of the application.
- The list of participating institutes that qualify for the competition after the selection procedure will be published on March 27 2022.
- Provisional Registration form and rules of the competition are available on our website mediationbombay.com.
3) For Final Registration-
- After the confirmation of the intention to participate, the colleges which have completed the provisional registration will be requested to complete the registration process via a form that will seek the details of the prospective team which is to participate in the competition and details of payment of registration fee. This shall be provided in the acknowledgement of the provisional application email. Failure to complete the registration process before April 05, 2022shall result in forgoing the slot.
- Under normal circumstances, only one team shall be allowed per college/institution. However, colleges/institutions can request the allocation of a maximum of two teams lots by filling out the form. The ADR Committee shall have the final discretion concerning the choice of the institution to which such a second slot may be allocated.
- Registration Fee per team (consisting of 3 participants) shall be INR 9,000/- (Indian Rupees Six Thousand Three Hundred Only), inclusive of taxes.
The schedule for this event is as given below:
|Opening of Provisional Registration||February 26, 2022|
|Closing of Provisional Registrations||March 25, 2022|
|Announcement of the names of shortlisted teams||March 27, 2022|
|Last Date for Payment and Final registration||April 05, 2022|
|Opening Ceremony||April 20, 2022|
|Competition dates||April 21-24, 2022|
Additional details regarding the event will be included in the brochure, and the proposition and rules will be released on the official website after registration.
For updates, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Amandeep Saini (Chairperson): +91 9680238285
Muskan Chaudhary (Associate Chairperson): +91 7435955622
Aditi Khandal (Head Public Relations): +91 9602801573
Manya Jain (Head Public Relations): +91 6264153793
Our university is extremely pleased to invite talented individuals and creative minds from your esteemed university to this grand event. We eagerly look forward to hosting your team virtually!