Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. The Law School is one of the earliest faculties established in the Banaras Hindu University. After the successful consummation of the eighth edition of Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition 2020 organized by Faculty of Law, BHU on 26-28 June 2020 in collaboration with PSL Advocates and Solicitors and was supported by the International Chamber of Commerce, Young Arbitrators Forum and Agrawal & Sikaria Associates, we bring to you, the ninth edition of Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition 2022 with zeal and invite institutions and Law Schools cordially for the same.
ABOUT THE MOOT
- Administration: The ‘9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022’, is to be organized by the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Date: The Competition shall be held on the 1st – 3rd April 2022, virtually.
- Language: The official language for the Competition shall be English.
- Structure of the Competition: The Competition shall consist of Preliminary Rounds and Advanced Rounds viz. Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals.
- Dress Code: All the participants shall adhere to the following dress code for the competitiom
Ladies: Black and White Western or Indian Formals
Gentlemen: Black and White Western Formals
PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Eligibility: Students pursuing either a 3-Year or a 5-Year LL.B. degree in the Academic Year 2021-22 at any recognized Law School/College/University in India are eligible to participate. Each participating University shall send only one team to the Competition. Team members must be bonafide students of the University they are representing. Once registered (after Final Registrations), a Team will not be permitted to vary their composition in any manner.
- Team Composition: The participating team shall comprise a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of three (3) members. In a team of two (2) members, both the members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’. In a team of three (3) members, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member of the team shall be designated as a ‘Researcher’. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to bar any team from participating in the Competition.
- All the teams willing to participate in the ‘9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022’ must express their willingness for the same by mailing a duly filled scanned copy of the Registration Form (annexed with this brochure). The mail shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Registration for 9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022” on or before March 03, 2022, 11:59 PM IST. This shall be considered as provisional registration of the participating institution.
- All the provisionally registered teams will have to submit their memorials (For Petitioner and Respondent) latest by 15th March 2022, 11:59 PM IST.
- A list of top 24 teams based on their memorial scores will be permitted to proceed with the final registration. Teams shall be intimated of the same by 22nd March 2022, 11:59 PM IST.
- Teams qualifying for the final registration shall have to deposit a participating fee of INR 3,000 latest by 24th March 2022, 11:59 PM IST. The details of payment method will be intimated along with the result of memorial evaluation on 22nd March.
- In case any of the shortlisted 24 teams fails to make the payment by the above-mentioned date, will automatically forfeit its claim to participate in the competition. In case of forfeiture by one or more teams, the subsequent waitlisted teams will be informed and given an opportunity to complete their registration after the submission of the fee within a stipulated time allocated to them in this regard.
- The registration will be deemed complete only once the soft copy of payment receipt along with the registration form is duly mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the confirmation of the same will be sent to the teams.
- In case of any dispute, discrepancy, differences, etc., the final discretion shall vest with the Organising Committee of the 9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022 and its decision shall be final and binding. Furthermore, the Organising Committee also reserves the right to cancel the registration of any team at any stage in case of misconduct, incapacity or for any other improper act or likewise.
For more details, refer MMNMCC 2022 Brochure