On December 30, 2021, the Labour , Skill Development and Employment Department (Gujarat) has issued the Gujarat Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Rules, 2021. The proposed draft Rules has been issued under section 133 and section 135 of the Occupational Safety and Health and Working Conditions Code, 2020 read with Section 24 of General Clauses Act, 1897 and in supersession of:
- Gujarat Factories Rules, 1963;
- Gujarat Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2003;
- Gujarat Motor Transport Workers Rules, 1965;
- Beedi and Cigar Workers (Conditions of Employment) (Gujarat)Rules, 1968;
- Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) (Gujarat) Rules, 1972; and
- Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and
- Conditions of Service)(Gujarat) Rules, 1981
Applicability: All Factories/Establishments /Buildings or other construction work relating to any establishment in relation to which appropriate government is the State Government under the Code.
The employer/occupier seeking registration for an establishment/factory not already registered shall apply electronically in Form 1 annexed to these rules, on the portal of Commissioner of Labour by giving details about the establishment/factory, and submitting/uploading documents related to Registration of the establishment/factory, proof of Identity and address of the employer(s) /occupier as specified in the Form. The Form shall be signed digitally or in any other manner as may be required. The applicant shall be responsible for veracity of all information submitted in the application.
Any objection or suggestion which may be received by the Deputy Secretary to Government of Gujarat, Labour , Skill Development and Employment Department , 5″ Block, 6’h Floor, Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar or by email firstname.lastname@example.org from any person with respect to the said draft rules on or before the expiry of the aforesaid period will be considered by the Government.