DSNLU is organising its Shri Damodaram Sanjivayya Centenary International Moot Court Competition, 2022 from 11th to 13th February, 2022.
About the Organiser
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University is a uni-disciplinary University in Visakhapatnam, India for undergraduate and post-graduate legal education. DSNLU is committed to designing and delivering legal education, promoting academic achievement and excellence in legal research.
Details of the Event
DSNLU is both delighted and obliged to conduct Sri Damodaram Sanjivayya Centenary International Moot Court Competition. This competition is very special to us as the institution is named after Sri Damodaram Sanjivayya, who was the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and was also the first Dalit Chief Minister of an Indian state and it is his 100th birth anniversary this year. His work towards inherent social problems inspired us to conduct this moot court competition.
- Participation in the competition shall be open to all students enrolled bona fide in a regular undergraduate program, i.e., 5-Year B.A. L.L.B. or 3-Year L.L.B., offered by a recognized Institution/College/University.
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses shall not beeligible for participation in the competition.
- Only one team from any recognized Institute/College/University may register for the competition.
- Participating teams shall comprise a maximum of three students, wherein TWO students shall represent speakers and ONE student shall represent as a researcher.
- Participating teams shall not comprise of students hailing from more than one Institute/College/University. Any request for change in designation of the registered members shall not be entertained.
- However, in case of extenuating circumstances, permission may be granted on a written request from the Moot Court Committee/Association of the participating Institution/College/University.
- Any request for an additional participating or accompanying member shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Nyayaprastha, Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 531035.
- Participating teams shall not be provided with accommodation.
- Transportation to and from the accommodation to the venue of the competition shall be provided to the participants
- Registration fee for the competition is 2000 INR for Indian students and 100 USD for International students.
- Registration process shall commence from 20th November, 2021 and shall continue till 20th December, 2021.
- There is a team cap of 42 (forty-two) teams in the competition. Registration shall be done in a first come-first serve basis.
- Registration process comprises of online registration and payment. Online registration should be made by sending an email, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject stated as “Registration for SDSCIMCC | [Name of participating Institute]”.
- Online Registration shall be considered only if participating team submits the registration form and payment receipt within the stipulated time.
- Registered teams shall receive a confirmation of the sameand shall be provided with a team code. All the teams shallrepresent themselves only through their respective teamcodes in any further communications.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Registered teams shall send a softcopy of their duly filled registration form and itinerary form on or before 20th December, 2021 at email@example.com.
- The winning team shall be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of 3,00,000 INR for Indian students and 5000 USD for foreign nationals.
- The Runner’s Up Team shall be awarded a trophy and a cash prize of 1,00,000INR for Indian students and 2000 USD for foreign nationals.
- The Best Memorial shall be awarded with a trophy and a cash prize of 50,000 INR for Indian students and 500 USD for foreign nationals.
- The 2nd Best Memorial shall be awarded with a trophy and a cash prize of 25,000 INR for Indian students and 250 USD for foreign nationals.
- The Best Speaker shall be awarded with a trophy and a cash prize of 50, 000 INR for Indian students and 500 USD for foreign nationals.
- All the members of the participating teams shall be awarded a Certificate of Participation.
- All the Winners of the above-mentioned category andteams qualifying till the Semi Final Rounds shall beadditionally awarded with Certificates of Merit.
Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Soma Battacharjya: Faculty Advisor Moot & Advocacy Society
Phone Number: +91 9428520149
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Ms. Khyathi Pothula: Society member, Moot & Advocacy Society
Phone Number: +91 9871894958
Ms. Aaliya Akhtar: Student Convenor Moot & Advocacy Society
Phone Number: +91 7330814731/7396901935
Ms. Bhavya Pasupuleti: Student Co-convener Moot & Advocacy Society
Phone Number: +91 8333041885
Find the official information here.