ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The NLUO Law Journal (ISSN 2348-8913), first published in 2013, is the flagship publication of National Law University Odisha, with biannual issues promoting legal scholarship in national and international interdisciplinary legal issues. Past issues have been based on topical themes; however, this issue has no particular themes and all areas of law can be explored through submissions in the journal for this issue. The last themed issue was on ‘Migration and Human Rights: Issues, Trends and Challenges’. The NLUO Law Journal is published tentatively in the months of January and July every year and accepts submissions on a rolling basis from external contributors.
THEME FOR THE ISSUE
This issue of the NLUO Law Journal, Volume IX, has no limitations based on theme and will be accepting submissions on broad legal concerns with respect to public law, private law or other cross-cutting issues.
Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short notes, case comment/Legislative Comments and book reviews. The acceptable word limit should not exceed:
- Long Articles: 8000-10000 words
- Short Notes: 4000-8000 words
- Case Comments/Legislative Comments: 3000 words
- Book Review: 2000-3000 words
1. All the word limits mentioned above are exclusive of footnotes which are to be strictly enforced.
2. A 300-word abstract (exclusive of the word limit) is to be presented which highlights the main contribution and a declaration of originality is also to be sent with the submission. A maximum of 6 Keywords are to be added below the abstract.
3. A submission can be co-authored by a maximum of two people.
4. Submissions are invited from academicians, practitioners and research scholars.
5. In the event that authors send more than one submission for consideration, only the first submission shall be reviewed for publication A submission, not published in the issue the author has sent it for, can be considered for publication in the future issues.
FORMATTING AND CITATION GUIDELINES
- An appropriate Title must be mentioned in the cover page of the submission. The Title should be Font Type and Size, Times New Roman and 16 respectively. It should be center aligned.
- The submission should not contain any biographical information of the author throughout the manuscript.
- The body of the text must be font type – Times New Roman, Font Size 12. The alignment should be justified.
- The footnotes must be font type – Time New Roman, Font Size 10. The alignment should be justified.
- The Line Spacing of the main text and footnotes must be 1.5, 1 respectively.
- Use of headings and Subheadings is encouraged throughout the text.
- Headings: Centre Aligned, Bold, and Font Size – 14, Font Type – Times New Roman.
- Subheadings: Justified Alignment, Bold, Italicized, Font Size – 12 and Font Type – Times New Roman.
- Citations must be uniform and in the OSCOLA Format (4th Edition).
- Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The name of the file must be saved as: Name of the Author(s) + Title of the Submission.
- The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter bearing the following information:
❖Full Name of the Author(s)
❖Position / Year of Study (if applicable, of all author(s))
❖Institutional Affiliations (if any)
❖Contact Details of the Author / Co-Author