Karnataka High Court: A Division Bench of Abhay S Oka, CJ and Aravind Kumar, J., extended the date for all interim directions issued on 16th April, 2021 and 22nd April, 2021.
The interim directions are as under:
- Interim Directions dated 16-04-2021
- All interim orders passed by the Karnataka High Court (principal seat and Benches at Dharwad and Kalaburagi), all the District Courts, Civil Courts, Family Courts, Labour Courts, Industrial Tribunals and all other Tribunals in the State over which this Court has the power of superintendence which are due to expire in the period between 17th April, 2021 and 29th May, 2021 will continue to operate till 29th May, 2021.
- Any orders of eviction, dispossession or demolition have been passed by the High Court, District Courts or Civil Courts, the same shall remain in abeyance till 29th May, 2021.
- If any party desires to apply for vacating the interim orders, it will be open for the said party to apply to the concerned Courts/Tribunals praying for vacating the orders. If such applications are made, the Courts/Tribunals are free to consider the same in accordance with law without being influenced by continuation of interim reliefs by this Court.
- Interim Directions dated 22-04-2021
- The Court directed that all the interim orders of bail and pre-arrest bail passed by various Criminal Courts in Karnataka which are likely to expire between 23rd April, 2021 and 29th May, 2021 shall stand extended to 29th May, 2021. However, if applications are made by the State or prosecuting agency or by any person for cancellation of the bail, the concerned Courts will hear such applications in accordance with law”.
The Court further directed that “the interim directions issued on 16th April, 2021 and 22nd April, 2021 which is quoted above shall continue to operate till 2nd August, 2021.”
[Mohammed Arif Jameel v. Union of India, WP NO. 6435 of 2020, decided on 02-07-2021]
Arunima Bose, Editorial Assistant has reported this brief.