The Delhi Government received a request from the Delhi High Court for setting up a Covid Health Care facility for the Honourable judges and other judicial officers of the Delhi High Court and their families. Complying with the request, through Order F. No. SDM/CH.Puri/Covid-19/2020/332-343 dated 25th April, 2021, the Delhi government through Geeta Grover, Incident Manager/SDM, Sub-Division Chanakyapuri, ordered that 100 rooms at Ashoka hotel, New Delhi be set up as a COVID care facility exclusively for judges and judicial officers of the Delhi High Court and their families. The hotel will be at the disposal of Primus Hospital, Chanakyapuri with immediate effect with the following directions:
- Primus Hospital will run the Covid Health Care (CHC) at Ashoka Hotel;
- The disposal of the bio medical waste will be the responsibility of the hospital;
- The staff of the hotel will be provided with all protective gear and given basic adequate training
- Ambulance for the transfer facility will be provided by Primus Hospital.
- If there is any shortage in the hotel staff, Primus hospital should arrange their staff;
- All services including rooms, housekeeping, disinfection and food for patients will be provided by the hotel;
- The charges shall be collected by the hospital and the hospital shall make payment to the hotel.
- The hospital may accommodate their own doctors, nurses and other paramedical staff at their own expenses after deciding the rates mutually.
- Mr Dinesh Kumar Meena, Executive Magistrate, New Delhi is directed to coordinate with Primus Hospital and the Hotel Ashoka Authorities for setting up of the facility.
Non compliance of this order shall attract penal action as per Disaster Management Act read in conjunction with Epidemic Disease Act, 1897 and Section 188, Penal Code, 1860