COVID-19 Upsurge | Madras High Court
Even though the situation in Tamil Nadu may be better than other places in the country, so as to ensure that immediate preventive measures are taken to arrest the further spread of the pandemic, the State Government has requested the High Court of Madras to take appropriate immediate measures so that the footfall in the court buildings is reduced considerably.
Therefore, it is notified that,
1. In the High Court, hearing of cases shall be only on virtual mode to the extent possible, except the appearance of the Government Lawyers in respect of bail and other urgent motions.
2. All Lawyers’ Chambers shall remain closed from 17-04-2021 (Saturday) until further orders.
3. The Libraries in all the Bar Associations shall remain closed until further orders.
4. The above restrictions will apply to the Madurai Bench as well.
5. The above arrangements will continue till 23-04-2021 (Friday). The situation will be reviewed on 22-04-2021 for further directions.
6. This notification supersedes the Notification No.23991-C/2020/C3, dated 18.03.2021; Notification No.75/2021, dated 07.04.2021; and all other earlier notifications on the above subject.
Madras High Court
[Notification dt. 15-04-2021]