On April 13, 2021, the President makes the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Three Hundred and Sixtieth Amendment Rules, 2021 to amend the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961. It shall come into force upon publication in official gazette.
Key Amendments in the Rules are discussed below:
- In the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961,–
In THE FIRST SCHEDULE, for the heading “2. Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) (Ayurveda, Yoga aur Prakratik Chikitsa, Unani,Siddha aur Homoeopathy (AYUSH) Mantralaya)”, the following heading shall be substituted – “Ministry of Ayush (Ayush Mantralaya)”.
- Under the heading “MINISTRY OF AYUSH (AYUSH MANTRALAYA)” as so substituted,–
(a) for entries 1, 2, 3 and 4, the following entries shall be substituted, namely:–
“1. Formulation of policy and policy issues for development and propagation of Traditional & Non–Conventional Systems of Health Care and Healing which include Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa and Homoeopathy etc. (Ayush systems of Health Care).
2. Development and implementation of programmes including Central schemes and Centrally sponsored schemes for development and propagation of Ayush systems of Health Care.
3. Co–ordination and promotion of research and development including assistance therefor in Ayush systems of Health Care.
4. Setting up and maintenance of Central institutions for research and development, education and standards relating to Ayush systems of Health Care.”.