DLI Student Ambassador is a national level student community comprising of prospective law students. The student community will interact and engage with law students from LSAC Global Law Alliance Colleges across India. They will work towards promoting legal education by conducting events, competitions, drives and generating awareness via presentations or speeches for their peers in their schools. Their goal will be to help their fellow students gain a better understanding of legal profession and thereby promote legal education in India.
The program will
- enhance student leadership and communication skills
- offer civic engagement opportunities
- promote professionalism
- Create awareness about the field of law
- Encourage students from diverse backgrounds to pursue their interest in the legal profession
- encourage peer to peer learning
Steps to become DLI Student Ambassador –
- Register for being an Ambassador – HERE
- Write an essay of about 250-300 words on “Why do you want to study Law?” and send in your entry to email@example.com
High school students from all parts of the country can be a part of this initiative and know more about the field of law.
Role as a DLI Student Ambassador
The student will be required to conduct 5 events at their school spread throughout the academic year. The events would be based on law subjects, law school experience, careers in law and various other themes. They may choose to work jointly and in collaboration with their fellow community members and law students from LSAC Global Law Alliance Colleges to successfully host the events. In addition to conducting independent events, students will be required to participate in other events conducted by LSAC Global.
Student participation illustrations include but are not limited to organizing presentation on basic rights, career fairs, drama, debate competition, extempore speech competition, poster making competition, public speaking on legal issues. Participants will have the freedom to choose the type of event they want to conduct from the above list or come up with any idea of their own.
- Certificate of Membership
- Good Character Certificate / University Recommendation
- LSAT—India Fee Discount
- Opportunity to feature on the official website Discoverlaw.in
- Interaction with senior officials at LSAC and Legal Dignitaries
This program will help students
- develop critical thinking and communication skills
- opportunity for educational growth and networking
- Get acquainted to law schools and to the legal profession; and
- foster an understanding of what it takes to get into a law school and learn more about law school experience.
Educational institutes who are interested in becoming a Host School are required to:
- Write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign a letter of agreement
- Nominate and encourage one or more Student Ambassadors
- Assign a school sponsor (for example, a teacher) to help students in completing their tasks effectively
- Have an available classroom/online platform and dedicated time for conducting events
There is no fee involved in becoming a host school.
For more details, refer DLI-Student-Ambassador-Program-Brochure_2020