Facing backlash on social media, NLSIU is devising ways to make NLAT 2020 more accessible for candidates. In a tweet published from its official handle, NLSIU has announced that they are exploring various options to make NLAT more accessible. These options include:
- Working closely with vendors to reduce bandwidth requirements for NLAT from 1 Mbps that was announced earlier to 512 Kbps.
- Earlier it was announced the exam could be taken only on a Windows system (7 or above). Now NLSIU is trying to make the exam accessible on Mac and Linux computers as well.
- NLSIU is also making an effort to ensure that the exam is accessible to candidates using android mobile devices.
Measures are also being taken to ensure that integrity of the exam is not compromised on introducing these new options. More details pertaining to the exam can be read here.
Candidates can take exam at a Testpan centre if they are unable to meet requirements of a home based exam
For students who cannot meet the technical requirements for NLAT at home have the option to take the test at centres across India managed by Testpan, a national centre-based testing company. The company will provide technical equipment and space to students at a minimal cost of Rs 350/-.across 14 cities in India. List of cities may be updated on an ongoing basis.
The list of cities are mentioned below:
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
NLSIU also has also clarified that candidates opting to take the test at a Testpan centre will be a private arrangement between the candidate and Testpan. NLSIU does not bear any liability for technical problems, internet outages or any other issues that may arise at Testpan centres. The centres will have limited availability of seats and is only for students who are unable to meet the requirements for a home-based exam. Any candidate who wishes to explore this option may contact Mr. Yoginder Chauhan, Testpan India Pvt. Ltd., +91 7503208161.
Timings for LLM candidates of NLAT have been updated as:
- Time for reporting – 5.30 pm
- Exam start time – 6:00 pm
- Exam end time – 6:45 pm
- Exam end time for PWD candidates – 7:00 pm