The Editorial Board of the Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is accepting original and unpublished manuscripts in the field of Intellectual Property Rights Law, Competition Law, Information Law, including data protection law, for publication in Edition VII of the Journal to be released in the month of November, 2020.
About the Journal
Journal of Innovation, Competition and Information Law (JICIL) is a peer-reviewed law journal aimed at understanding the nexus between the laws relating to intellectual property rights , anti-trust and information or data, including personally identifiable information, . This journal aims to make an effort in identifying the key areas of Intellectual Property, Competition Law and Data Protection Laws that coincide or overlap each other and yet remain complementary. There is huge scope for application of Intellectual Property and Anti-Trust Laws in India and therefore, this journal seeks to delve into academic research so a legitimate contribution may be made to the practice and jurisprudence around these laws. Information Era, the codename for the Twenty-First century, is indispensable to the growth and progress of a modern economy, particularly data based economies. Further, we may recognize that the basis of Intellectual Property happens to be application of the idea and exclusivity thereon while the object of Competition Law is also based on information, be it in the nature of trade secrets, protected information or through practical tools such as non-disclosure agreements. Information is the key to power in the 21st century and therefore it is important to recognize the same and in support of this theory, this journal extends the scope of examination and inquiry to Information Law.
- The submissions can be made under any of the following categories: Articles/Research Papers/Case Comments.
- Word Limit for each Category-
1. Research Papers– 5000-7000 words
2. Articles– 3000-5000 wo
3. Case Comments– 2500-3000 words
4. Book Reviews- 1500-2500 words exclusive of footnotes (please note that the book should have been be published within the 2018-2020 duration and must be relevant as of November, 2020).
Please note that the word limits are not hardcoded.
- Co-Authorship, for research papers only, is permitted up to 2 authors.
- The contributors must adhere to the Bluebook 20th Edition citation format.
- All Articles & Research Papers must include an abstract of not more than 350 words. Please note that the word limits are not hardcoded.
- The paper must conform to the following formatting guidelines:
1. Title of the Paper – Times New Roman, Size 16, Bold.
2. Sub-Title- Times New Roman, Size 12.
3. Heading 1 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Bold.
4. Heading 2 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Underlined.
5. Heading 3 – Times New Roman, Size 12, Italics.
6. Line Spacing- 1.5.
7. Footnotes- Times New Roman, Size 10, Single Line Spacing.
- The submission must be accompanied with the Details of the author(s) (Title of the Submission, Name of the Author(s), Email Id, Phone & College/Affiliation, Programme Enrolled and Year of Study, Submission Category) mentioned in the Body of the Email.
- The name of the author(s) or affiliation should not appear in the word document containing the final submission.
- The submissions must be the original work of the Author(s). Any plagiarism will lead to outright rejection.
Author(s) are required to send their submissions at email@example.com in a word document format (.doc/.docx). The name of the document must be in the following format- Title of the Submission-Name of the Author. Submission must be made with the Subject of the email as ‘Submission-Edition VII (JICIL)‘.
While submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, they must be submitted latest by September 30, 2020, 11:59 pm to be considered for publication in the upcoming edition.
For more details, refer to website HERE, and any other queries or clarifications may be addressed to the undersigned:
Ms. Aadhya Kancharla, Editor-in-chief- eic@jicil.