Registrar General of Delhi High Court acceded to the proposal of Providing access to Lawyers to their respective chambers situated in three Lawyers’ Chambers Block of Delhi High Court.
The access is permitted with the following conditions and safeguards:-
- Access shall be limited to one lawyer per chamber (or two per chamber where chamber is on twin sharing basis) with one assistance or one junior.
- The timings for the access and use of chamber shall be from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon (morning phase) and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (afternoon phase). Layover period be used by housekeeping agencies for sanitization and deep cleaning of the use portions of the building.
- No intern or client shall be permitted access in the chambers.
- The entry and exit of all users/visitors be properly documented, monitored and regulated by DHCBA. For the purpose of regulating entry and exit, one of the office bearers of DHCBA shall remaining present in every opened block to ensure compliance of the approved plan.
- A report be submitted after two weeks by DHCBA so that situation is access and reviewed in the next meeting.
- Entry of the vehicles shall be only from Gate No. 7 till further orders.
- All vehicles shall be parked in the main surface parking. Drivers shall remain in the parking area only.
- Sanitizers and handheld body temperature scanners be put to use at entrance of all such blocks.
- Proper face masks shall be mandatory for all such visiting advocate etc.
- No kiosk facility for tea, coffee etc. or ancillary services in any chamber block shall be opened till further orders.
- No common use areas like Bar, Consultation Room etc. be opened for use. Only the toilets for the floor(s) to be used shall be opened.
- Lift facility shall be provided only to the floor(s) in use and shall be used only by two persons at a time. It be primarily used by those who are unable to climb stair for any reason. Appropriate notice be passed by DHCBA outside lifts for due compliance.
- For proper garbage disposal, every chamber-user shall ensure that garbage is properly disposed of in closed plastic bag in the dustbin provided for in every floor.
- Where there are multiple staircases, the signages be put indicating one-way use to prevent persons coming face to face.
- Persons allowed access shall avoid visiting other chambers.
- Information of the above be disseminated by a public notice on the website of this Court.
- The DHCBA shall issue necessary advisory about the manner of use of chambers while also requesting elderly members of the Bar to avoid coming to Court till further orders.
Access the Public Notice here: NOTICE
Delhi High Court
[Notice dt. 18-05-2020]