“RFMLR’s Colloquium on Goods and Services Tax Law in Collaboration with Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys at RGNUL Patiala; Submit Abstract by 7th February”
ABOUT RGNUL FINANCIAL AND MERCANTILE LAW REVIEW
RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) is a bi-annual, student run, blind peer-reviewed law journal currently in its 7th volume and is one of the flagship publications of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It was set up as an academic initiative to promote research and debate in areas of financial and economic law. The review looks to understand the legal paradigm prevalent in India and South East Asia and how it affects finance and other cross border mercantile activities. The journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, legal practitioners and students to publish work that is at the cutting edge of doctrinal, theoretical and empirical research.
ABOUT LAKSHMIKUMARAN & SRIDHARAN ATTORNEYS
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys (L&S) is a full-service law firm based in India. The firm has 12 offices and has over 400 professionals specializing in areas such as corporate & commercial laws, dispute resolution, taxation and intellectual property. Over the last three decades, they have worked with a variety of clients – start-ups, small & medium enterprises, large Indian corporates and multinational companies. Their professionals have experience of working in both traditional sectors such as commodities, automobile, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals and modern sectors such as e-commerce, big data, and renewables.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM
The Colloquium aims to educate and aware students, scholars, academicians and professionals about the new Goods and Services Tax and indirect tax regime in India and the challenges for the taxpayers. It intends to initiate a discourse on the legal scrutiny of the issues in implementation and compliance of GST laws. Furthermore, it attempts to find possible solutions through the discourse.
Mr. Mathivanan N. (Principal Partner, L&S) will be the Guest of Honour for the Colloquium. He is a legal luminary in the arena of taxation laws in India. Before joining L&S in 2002, Mr. Mathivanan worked as Director in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India. During his tenure, he had audited the accounts of United Nations Headquarters.
The Colloquium will consist of a Paper Presentation Workshop and some Guest Lectures delivered by experts from L&S. The authors will get an opportunity to showcase their research to taxation law experts from L&S. Selected papers will be published in a special edition of RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review.
The Editorial Board of RFMLR welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields. Participants may also register themselves for attending Guest Lectures only.
- Two Years of Goods & Services Tax: Impacts and Challenges
- Constitutional Challenges to Goods & Services Tax
- National Anti-Profiteering Authority: Impacts and Challenges
- Consideration for a Supply
The above list is exhaustive. The authors are expected to submit papers on specific topics within these sub-themes. Any paper outside the scope of abovementioned sub-themes will be rejected by the Editorial Board.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English.
- The research paper must be original and unpublished work of the author(s).
- Word Limit: 3000-5000words
- The manuscript must be typewritten, font Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, justified alignment (except the title and ‘abstract’ caption which should be centrally aligned).
- Citation format: The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20thEdition). The footnotes must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- An abstract of 200-300words must be included with the submission.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of twoauthors. Full names and contact details of all the authors must be given.
- All entries should be submitted in .docor .docx format.
- Submissions must be emailed at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.inwith the subject “Submission for Colloquium on GST Law”.
Abstract Submission: 7th February, 2020
Intimation of Selection of Abstract: 10th February, 2020
Last Date for Registration: 14th February, 2020
Full Paper Submission: 25st February, 2020
Date of the Conference: 29th February, 2020
Registration for Paper Presentation
Registration Fee: INR 800/- (Single Author), INR 1200/- (Co-Authors) – Payable after Selection of Abstract
Registration for Guest Lectures Only
Registration Fee: INR 500/-
Fee includes registration kit and food. It does not include accommodation & transportation.
Sanskriti Sharma +91-9915871143 (Managing Editor, RFMLR)
Shivansh Mehta +91-9953711197 (Managing Editor, RFMLR)
Akshat Jain +91-9770003070 (Senior Editor, RFMLR)
For further information or clarifications, you may also write to us at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in.
Thanks & regards
RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review
Sanskriti Sharma (+91-9915871143)
Shivansh Mehta (+91-8146751160)
Visit us at www.rfmlr.com
Connect with us on social media: