No. N-10/001(6)/2015-PBRB—In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 9 and sub-section (5) of Section 11 read with clause (d) of sub-section (2) of section 33 of the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act, 1990 (25 of 1990), and in supersession of the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Director General (Akashvani) and Director General (Doordarshan) (Recruitment) Regulations, 2001, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Corporation, with the prior approval of the Central Government, hereby makes the following regulations, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement—(1) These Regulations may be called the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Director General (Akashvani) and Director General (Doordarshan) Recruitment Regulations, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions—In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) “Act” means the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act, 1990 (25 of 1990);
(b) “Schedule” means the Schedule annexed to these regulations; and
(c) words and expressions used herein and not defined, but defined in the Act shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Act.
3. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix—The number of posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these regulations.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc—The method of recruitment to the said posts, age-limit, educational and other qualifications, experience and period of probation relating thereto, shall be as specified in columns (5) to (11) of the said Schedule.
5. Appointing Authority—The appointment to the posts specified in column (1) of the Schedule shall be made by the Prasar Bharati Board, being a recruitment Board as per the proviso to Section 10 of the Act.
6. Disqualification—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Corporation may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage, and that there are grounds for so doing, exempt, with prior approval of the Central Government, any person from the operation of this regulation.
7. Power to relax—Where the Corporation is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these regulations with respect to any class or category of persons with the prior approval of the Central Government.
8. Interpretation—If any question arises relating to the interpretation of these regulations, it shall be decided by the Corporation in consultation with the Central Government.
*Please follow the link for detailed notification.
[Notification dt. 29-08-2019]