Indian Mediation Week (IMW) is India’s Largest Student-run Access to Justice Campaign. Under the Mediation Awareness Program Initiative (MAP Initiative), IMW has conducted over 2400 drives across 102 cities of India with directly engaging with over 1.5 lakhs people and in the process sensitizing over 50 lakh people across the nation.
In a nation where more than 54% of the people still haven’t heard of Mediation, IMW is an initiative to not only sensitize people about Mediation but also collect cases from the people and solve them through a pool of expert Mediators across the nation. IMW has successfully solved around 500 cases of the total 2000 odd disputes received.
Based on the progress and success of the event, we have been encouraged for the 3rd edition (IMW’19) to be expanded to a larger scale.
Supporters of the Event
Indian Mediation Week is an initiative of ODRways (rebranded as SAMA) that was started by a group of students at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata and now has transformed into a national movement for Access to Justice.
The event is supported by the Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India and Supreme Court Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee (MCPC). The previous Edition was in collaboration with NITI Aayog.
What is a mediation awareness drive?
In a mediation awareness drive, you along with your group of volunteers directly engage with the general public and tell him/her about the process of mediation. These group of volunteers is generally students from your college who will help in conducting these drives.
The Ambassadors are required to follow the guidelines on the website, here.
They are looking for students pursuing law (3/5 year LLB Courses or LLM) who are passionate about mediation and improving access to justice in India.
The primary responsibility of the Student Ambassadors is to organize mediation awareness activities in their respective cities
primarily mediation awareness drives and creative events to promote mediation. For more information check the Mediation Embassy, here.
To apply, here.
Rewards and Felicitation
- Cash Prize Worth 1.5 Lakhs for top 5 Ambassadors.
- 100 Internship Opportunities for Ambassadors at Keystone, JSA, Aarna Law, Trilegal, Argus, AZB, CAM, Jerome Merchant and Partners, Senior Advocates Litigation Internships, ADR Internships, Policy Centers.
- Weekly and Monthly Goodies for the Ambassadors and the Volunteers.
- Certificates of Ministry of Law & Justice for all Ambassadors and Volunteers.
- Top 5 Ambassadors will be felicitated at New Delhi in the month of December and their travel, hospitality and all expenses will be sponsored by Team IMW.
Aforementioned will be a wonderful networking opportunity for students as lawyers, judges, law firm partners, members of the government, ADR practitioners from across the country will be present here.
The final deadline is 5th August 2019 (11:59 PM)
- Rohit Sharma: 8697581888
- Balraaj Singh Chhatwaal:8826388919
- Aastha Sharma: 8583973520
- Apoorva Singh: 9918344934