About the organiser:
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) is located at Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India constituted by the DSNLU Act, 2008.
About the Seminar:
DSNLU and Centre for Intellectual Property Rights are organising a one-day national seminar on Copyright and the Internet Revolution – The Changing Landscape on 10th August 2019.
This seminar provides a platform to debate, discuss on following issues:
- Copyright and Replication
- Copyright protection of content in the website
- Copyright relating to hyperlinking – national and international dimensions
- Legality framing under copyright law
- Copyright protection of multimedia works
- Copyright management in the digital era
- Legal protection against circumvention of technological measures
- Liability of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) for copyright infringement
- Copyright protection for computer programmes
- Copyright issues pertaining to digital music
- Copyright issues relating to Linking, Framing, Catching
- Linking practices and contributory infringement of copyrighted work
- Linking and infringement of the right to display the copyrighted work publicly
The seminar welcomes paper presenters and participants from the following backgrounds:
- Press, literature, music, theatrical productions, operas, motion picture, video, radio and television, photography software and databases, visual and graphic arts advertising services and copyright collective management societies.
- The stakeholders in core copyright-intensive industries like the industries that are wholly engaged in creating, producing and manufacturing, performing, broadcasting, communicating and exhibiting, or distributing and selling works and other protected subject matter.
- Academicians, Policymakers, research scholars, students from law and social sciences etc.
University Seminar Hall, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Nyayaprastha, Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam – 531035, India.
The registration link for the paper presenters would be sent to them with an intimation of the selected full papers. Co-authors need to register separately.
- Research Scholars and students: Rs 1000/-
- Academicians: Rs. 1500/-
- Others: Rs. 2000/-
- Institutions: Rs. 2500/-
The Persons interested to attend the seminar shall send a mail to solt[at]dsnlu.ac.inexpressi
- Research Scholars and students: Rs 500/-
- Academicians: Rs. 750/-
- Others: Rs. 1000/-
- Institutions: Rs. 1250/-
Deadline: 3rd August 2019.
All the submissions should be sent through e-mail to solt[at]dsnlu.ac.in.
The University would provide accommodation within the campus on twin sharing basis. Any person opting to avail the facility shall intimate their choice in the registration form.
An amount of Rs. 500/- per day would be charged per person. The accommodation would be provided only from the evening of the day prior to the Seminar till the noon of the following day of the Seminar.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 16th June 2019
- Intimation of Selection of Abstract: 19th June 2019
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 24th July 2019
- Intimation of Selection of Full Paper for Presentation: 28th July 2019
- Last date of Registration: 3rd August 2019
- Date of Seminar: 10th August 2019.
Shaik Khaja Basha: +91 9542987319
Siva Rama Raju: +91 8500118765