Summer School on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (June 29- July 4) Win an internship opportunity at KDB
About Summer School on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Umang Foundation Summer School, New Delhi 2019 is the first edition of the Summer School organized by Umang Foundation in association with NILS India. The Summer School will be organized at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Our Knowledge Partner for the Summer School is Legal Desire.
This Summer School is an annual week-long course on Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency especially focusing on the developments in the insolvency regime in India and the major cases. The academic session is spread across nearly 25 hours and covers various areas such as Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Corporate Restructuring, Role of National Company Law Tribunal and Debt Recovery Tribunals, Valuation aspects in asset maximization, Cross Border Insolvency, etc.
Following are some of the confirmed speakers for the Summer School-
1. Sumant Batra, Managing Partner, and Head – Insolvency and Corporate Law Practice, Kesar Dass B & Associates, New Delhi, and International Insolvency Expert
2. Ashwini Mehra, Insolvency Professional and Senior Advisor, Duff & Phelps and former Deputy Managing Director and Chief Development Officer, State Bank of India
3. Aviral Jain, Managing Director (Restructuring Advisory Services), Duff & Phelps, New Delhi
4. Saurav Panda, Principle Associate (Insolvency and Bankruptcy), Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., New Delhi
5. Dr. Neeti Shikha, Head, Centre for Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs)
6. Adity Chaudhury, Partner, Argus Partners
7. Nikita Sinha, Senior Associate, AZB & Partners, New Delhi
8. Raghuram Cadambi, Advocate, Karnataka High Court and former Senior Associate, Trilegal
9. CS Anchal Jindal, Monitoring and Compliance Officer, Insolvency Professionals Agency of Institute of Cost Accountants of India
10. Ashish Pyasi, Principal Associate, Dhir & Dhir Associates
Best Performer Award & Internship Opportunity
The best performing participant in this Summer School will receive “Best Performer Award” by Umang Foundation. In addition to this, one best performing participant will secure an internship with the firm specializing in insolvency.
An internship opportunity will be provided to the winner of the competition at Kesar Dass B & Associates headed by our Keynote Speaker Mr. Sumant Batra along with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000.
The criteria for the internship will be solely based on the competition to be organized during the Summer School.
The total intake for the Summer School is restricted to 60 participants. Applications are open for professionals, law students, and management students. The selection of participants will be done on the basis of the Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose submitted by the applicants. Interested people can send us their Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose at varshadirectorevents@outlook.
com and CC to email@example.com.
After selection, please register- Click HERE
Deadline for Registration: April 30, 2019
Following are the details of Participation Fees:
Students: Rs. 6,000
Professionals: Rs. 7,000
Students (International): 90 US $
Professionals (International): 100 US $
Students: Rs. 7,000
Professionals: Rs. 9,000
Students (International): 110 US $
Professional (International): 130 US $
Interested students may also reach us at the contact details set out below:
Ms. Varsha Gupta
Director (Events) & Joint Secretary, Umang Foundation
(M) +91- 7252919181
Ms. Rajmee Lais
Competition Head, Umang Foundation
(M) +91- 8979833050
Ms. Shreya Bhargava
Treasurer, Umang Foundation
(M) +91- 7611135081