The JELPD is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal, jointly published by the Commons Cell and the Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), a research wing on Human Rights and Environment, at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore, on its website www.nlsenlaw.org
. JELPD aims to be a forum that involves, promotes and engages students, scholars and anyone interested in environmental law, to express and share their ideas and opinions.
The Journal also plans to feature guest articles by eminent scholars as well as articles by students, thereby providing an interface for the two communities to interact.
Submissions, under the following categories, are welcome:
1. Articles (Long Articles- between 8000-10,000 words including footnotes and Short Articles- between 5000-6000 words including footnotes)
2. Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
3. Case Commentaries (1000-3000 words including footnotes)
4. Comments/Articles on Policies / Documents / Draft Bills / Law Commission Reports / Committee Reports (3000 to 5000 words including footnotes)
2. Details about the author, including qualifications and institutional affiliations, if any, are to be detailed in the covering letter.
3. Only original work need be sent. It is presumed that, once the work has been sent, that it is the original work of the author so named and that it has not been published anywhere else.
4. All work need be sent in MS Word format- (.doc or .docx)
5. The author should maintain a uniform mode of citation throughout the whole work.
Scope and relevance:
The work must be on contemporary legal issues on environment. The language used must be formal and clear, adhering to the submissions guidelines of the journal.
The submissions received would be reviewed and the Editor(s) would determine whether the subject matter fits within the scope of the Journal and also would assess the quality of the manuscript. The decision on publication will be solely the discretion of the Chief Editor and it takes a minimum of 1–2 weeks after the deadline.
1. Patron-in-Chief: Prof. (Dr) R. Venkata Rao
2. Patron: Prof. (Dr) M. K. Ramesh
3. Chief Editor: Prof. (Dr.) Sairam Bhat
4. Editor: Dr. Manjeri Subin Sunder Raj
5. Assistant Editor: Ms. Architha Narayanan
Last date for Submission :
April 15, 2019. For details about the Environmental Law Portal, kindly visit:www.nlsenlaw.org