GNLU through its Centre for Sports and Entertainment Law (GCSEL), in collaboration with Banana IP Counsel is organising a Certificate Course on Law and Business of Entertainment from 20-22 September, 2018 at its campus.
Spread over three days, this certificate course will give a bird’s eye view of the basics of the law and business of entertainment. It includes specific sessions on entertainment contracts, negotiation skills, entertainment disputes and resolution. Mr. Sanjeeth Hegde, Senior Partner at BananaIP and Ms. Anchita Sharma, Intellectual Property Attorney at BananaIP will be our esteemed resource persons.
a. To provide an understanding of IP and other related laws relevant to the entertainment industry;
b. To give an insight into entertainment contracts, the basic clauses in such contracts, and the most negotiated terms; and c. To provide an understanding of common disputes and their resolution options.
Themes for the sessions:
1. Basics of Entertainment Law – Understanding Copyrights, Trademarks and other important laws;
2. Understanding different contracts such as artist agreements, film contracts and license;
3. Conceptual Understanding and Legal Analysis of Risk Clearances;
4. Publicity rights and related issues;
5. Content Licensing and Merchandising;
6. Contemporary Issues and Disputes in the Entertainment Industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Members of the Entertainment Industry
Candidates applying for the course should be pursuing/pursued a law degree or have some experience in Entertainment Industry.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- To become an engaged participant in debate regarding emerging and contemporary issues in the field of entertainment law;
- Have the skills to generate critical and creative ideas relating to entertainment law and to evaluate existing legal theories, principles and concepts with creativity and autonomy;
- Have the technical skills to independently examine, research and analyse existing and emerging legal issues relating to pertaining to business and entertainment laws;
- Have the communication skills to clearly articulate and convey complex information regarding entertainment law;
- Be able to apply these skills and understanding in an advanced and specialized manner in professional sphere
EVALUATION PROCESS: The evaluation will comprise of the following components
- Class Participation;
- Performance in Risk Analysis and Legal Clearance Activity;
- Performance in Mock Negotiation Exercise;
- Performance in Assessment Exercise.
Kindly send the soft copy of duly filled registration form along with the copy of payment made, by email (with subject as: Registration for Course) to email@example.com.
Last Date of Registration: 20th September, 2018
Number of seats: 40 (First come basis)
1. For Students (GNLU and Non-GNLU): Rs. 1,500*
2. For Others (GNLU and Non-GNLU): Rs. 3,500*
*The fee is exclusive of accommodation and food. Accommodation will be provided on payment/request basis. For further details contact Course Coordinator.
To view the Brochure, click HERE
To download the Registration Form, click HERE
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
• Dr. Richa R. Mulchandani, Convener & Centre Director, GCSEL
• Mr. Tarun, Course Coordinator and Member, GCSEL
For any queries, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mr. Tarun at +918128650863.
For more details, click HERE