We feel immense pleasure to inform you that GNLU Centre for Law & Economics is going to organise a Certificate Course on the Economics of Constitutional Law. The Centre for Law & Economics is a centre of excellence for cutting-age research and training in the discipline of Law & Economics (also referred to as the Economic Analysis of Law). The centre since its inception has organised several certificate courses on Empirical and Qualitative research pertaining to the field of Law & economics. Having had given an exposure to the Chicago Model of Law & Economics, the Centre is now organising a certificate course on another aspect of the subject, i.e., Public Choice Theory. This forms the basis of an Economic Analysis of Constitutional Law.
About the Course: “Would you say the government is run by a few people looking out for themselves or are working for the benefit of everyone?” The economic study of constitutional law elaborates on this very pertinent question, by using public choice theory amongst other economic tools and revisiting classical legal doctrines and along with concepts which currently exist, for a holistic and fruitful understanding of the subject. From democracy and the separation of powers to legislative intent and constitutional review, the course centers around the main concepts and theories of the constitutional and politics from an economics perspective, while making an attempt to answer this question, which is widely debated and there is growing discourse.
Course duration: 27 August 2018 – 31 August 2018
1. Dr Regis Lanneau, Professor at Public Law Research Centre, FIDES/CNAM/Sciences-Po, Paris Co-director of the Master in Economic Regulation, Co-director of the Master in Management of Norms and Norm Management, University of Paris Ouest Nanterre Defense, France
2. Dr Ranita Nagar, Dean of Research and Publications, Professor of Economics, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
3. Dr Hiteshkumar Thakkar, Assistant Professor of Economics, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Course Fee Structure:
1. GNLU Participants – Rs 1000
2. Other Participants (Without accommodation) – Rs 1500
3. Other Participants (With Non AC accommodation) – Rs 4000
Step 1: Payment of Registration Fees.
Payment of the appropriate fees can be made online through the following link.
Click here for Online Payment link.
Step 2: Fill up the following registration form.
After making the payment, please fill up the given form with the Payment Receipt number.
Click here for the Registration Form link.
Deadline: 1 August 2018 (or till seats are available)
For any queries please do not hesitate to shoot us a mail at email@example.com. You may also contact Bedanta Chakraborty (+91 9727961507).
For more details please find the required brochure.