The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Colombia in the field of agriculture and fisheries. The MoU provides for cooperation in the following fields of agriculture and Fisheries:
- Innovative agricultural practices/approaches,
- New agricultural mechanizations,
Successful models of agricultural marketing,
- To develop projects in association with agricultural companies for production of seed,
- Innovative production models and value generation processes in horticulture(vegetables, fruits and flowers),
- Exchange of information/exchange visits of SPS experts,
Jatropha and Karaya,
Cooperation in research in oil seeds and oil palm,
- Marine Industrial Fishing, Aqua-culture and Research & Training in the field of Fisheries,
- Small and large ruminants (cattle, sheep, goat) and pigs productivity, diseases and diagnostics and
- Pork processing and value addition.
Under the MoU, a Joint-Working Group (JWG) will be constituted to prepare/finalize Work Plan for the next two years while specifying task/ activities to be undertaken during that period. The MoU will be initially valid for a period of five years and shall be automatically extended for a subsequent periods of five years unless either party expresses its desire/intention to terminate it.
Ministry of Agriculture