Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (ILNU) is organizing a National Conference on Justice Education (NCJE), scheduled from 10th– 11th November 2017.
Theme: Developing New Perspectives on Law Reforms and Legal Education
It is time to re-look and revamp the current system of legal education to meet the demands of the market. A robust and reliable legal framework is the backbone of a vibrant and enabling legal system. Therefore, in the recent times, the government and the judiciary has ushered in plenty of reforms for revamping the laws governing and regulating the various sectors in the Indian Legal System. From working on the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Codes to the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST), from holding the practice of Triple Talaq illegal to give the Right to Privacy a Constitutional Protection, the Indian Judiciary along with government has adopted a progressive approach at an unusually fast but cautious pace. In an attempt to analyze the different reforms that have taken place in various areas of law from different perspectives, Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad is organizing a National conference on reforms in legal education and legal framework which provides the first considered discussion on the recent reforms in the country across all the fields. The conference would include different sessions by renowned academicians, counsels, judges where they will be discussing the recent reforms in the Indian Legal System and the proposed curriculum of Legal Pedagogy in Law Schools.
Date of Conference: 10th-11th November 2017
Venue: Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Right to identity vis-à-vis Right to Privacy
- Alternative Disputes Resolution – Issues and Challenges in reference with the Reforms in the Indian Arbitration Laws
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in India
- Tribunalization of Justice System in India
- Indian Sports laws – Issues and Challenges
- Socio-Legal impact of Triple Talaq Judgment
- Managing the GST Eco System & the Future of Economic Growth
- Jurisdictional Conflicts between Legislature & Judiciary
- Patents and Protection of Plant Varieties and Sustainable Agriculture- Indian Perspective
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the banking sector- an analysis of Legal issues
- Technology and judicial Proceedings – Issues and Challenges
- Entry of Foreign Law Firms in India: Trends and Challenges
- Evolving Trends in Intellectual Property Laws
The above-mentioned sub-themes are illustrative and not exhaustive; The Editorial Board also encourages any relevant submissions connected with the above-mentioned themes.
Call for Papers:
In order to promote discussion between participants and the audience from which a larger understanding of the topic can emerge, as a part of this conference, we are inviting research papers from Research Scholars, Judges, Lawyers, Practitioners, Academicians and Students on issues related to the above theme and sub-themes to provide all the interested stakeholders an opportunity so as to initiate a dialogue in furtherance of this academic initiative. Authors of all those papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers in the conference chaired by dignitaries from Indian Legal System.
Certificates and Rewards:
All the participants shall be issued Participation Certificates. Top five Papers will be awarded and selected papers will be published in an edited book with ISSN/ISBN number by the reputed publisher, at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Last date for full paper submission: 30th October 2017
- Last date of Registration: 28thOctober 2017
- Date of Conference: 10th-11thNovember 2017
No paper presentation will be allowed unless the full paper is submitted by or before the last date.
|Research Scholars/ Students||Rs. 1500
|Non-Paper Presenter:||Rs 1000/|
The registration fee includes registration kit, Certificate, Conference Proceeding and food for two days. The registration fee will not include accommodation and travel expenses.
For Registration link Click here
Attractions: The Conference shall also include a roundtable discussion which will be a platform to discuss the contemporary issues in legal education to discover a practical, actionable solution which will feature experts drawn from the bar, bench, and academia who will explore the contours of our system of legal education.
- Ms. Rejitha Nair, Assistant Professor: +918401601807
- Mr. Jagjeet Vashishtha, Assistant Professor: +917600115892
Student Coordinator :
- Ms. Mili Baxi: +919825717818
- Mr. Ankit Tripathi: +917355238546
- Mr. Mani Shankar:- +917043702938
For more information, click here
For More details follows us on our official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ilnuconference