Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is administering the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) using a web based application called Nikshay. This is done in pursuance of the provision of the Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial & Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016. RNTCP was started in 1997, with it both diagnosis and treatment of TB are free. The notification can be found here.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 16th June, 2017
S.O. 1935(E) .—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlement directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare the Central Government is administering the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) using a web based application called Nikshay (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) under the National Health Mission for promotion of universal access to tuberculosis (TB) care with early diagnosis and regular treatment completion. The Scheme is implemented by the State Governments and Union territory Administrations through the government health facilities and registered private health facilities spread across the country;
And whereas, under the Scheme conditional cash assistance (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) is offered to the eligible TB patients, private health care providers and treatment supporters (hereinafter together referred to as the beneficiaries), as per the Scheme guidelines;
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of the Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare hereby notifies the following, namely: –
1.(1) An individual eligible to receive the benefit under the Scheme is, hereby, required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing the benefit under the Scheme, who does not possess Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 31/08/2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such person may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department of Health and Family Welfare, which is responsible for implementation of the Scheme in the State Government or Union territory Administration is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case, there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department responsible for implementation of the Scheme in the State Government or Union Territory Administration shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Voter identity card issued by the Election commission of India; or (ii) Permanent Account Number card issued by Income tax Department; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Driving Licence issued by the Licencing Authority under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on official letter head; or (vi) Address card having name and photo issued by the Department of Posts; or (vii) Bank Photo Passbook; or (viii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (ix) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme card; or (x) Ration card; or (xi) Employee Photo Identity card issued by the Government or Public Sector Undertakings; or (xii) Any other document as specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefit under the Scheme, the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration responsible for implementation of the Scheme shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries through the Government health facilities and private accredited health facilities, to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 31/08/2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available Aadhaar enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enrol for Aadhaar due to non-availability of the Aadhaar enrolment centres in the vicinity such as Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations and the beneficiaries under the Scheme may register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other required details with the designated officials of the Department of Health and Family Welfare in the State Government or Union territory Administration or at Government health facilities or private accredited Health facilities or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territory Administrations except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare