The conference is aimed to address contemporary issues and challenges faced the scholars, academicians and practitioners in the field of International Humanitarian and Refugee Laws. The conference would showcase a platform for interaction of minds from eminent personalities, students, organizations and every stakeholder having interest in the field. To encourage young scholars, the best papers will be rewarded and selected papers, based on peer review, would be published in an edited volume having ISBN No.
THE OBJECTIVE OF CONFERENCE:
1.To initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders;
2.To discuss the contemporary challenges in the area of International Humanitarian Law and solutions thereof.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Technological Asymmetry and the Law of Armed Conflicts
- The Right to Reparation for Violations of International Humanitarian Law
- Intersection of International Humanitarian Law and the Rights of Vulnerable Persons
- Responses to violations of International Humanitarian Laws at International and National Level
- Challenges in the enforcement and accountability for violations of International Humanitarian Laws in South Asian Countries
- India’s Contribution in implementation and enforcement of Geneva Conventions
- Protection of refugees under International Humanitarian Laws
- Detention in current global refugee crisis
- The crime of Sexual Violence perpetrated during Armed Conflicts: Challenges and Way Forward
- Protection of Cultural Property under International Humanitarian Laws
- New Technologies of Warfare: cyber warfare, autonomous weapon system etc.
- Private Military and Security Companies
- Asylum Seekers: An emerging stateless citizenry.
- South Asian Countries response to the Rohingya crisis.
Abstract Submission by:
|05th February, 2017|
Paper Submission by:
01st March, 2017
GUIDELINES FOR THE PAPER SUBMISSION:
- An abstract should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size)
- Abstract (not exceeding 300 words) should reach latest by, 5th February, 2017 in Soft Copy. The Final paper (not exceeding 3000 words) should reach latest by, 01st March, 2017 in Soft Copy.
- The citation should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed.).
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address (es), Telephone No. and e-mail address(es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of TWO co-authors.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within a week of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 1st March, 2017.
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered.
- The three best papers will be rewarded.
- Selected articles shall be published in a book (Conference Proceedings) with ISBN No. and a copy of the book as well as a certificate of publication shall be given to each selected author.
- All submission has to be made on the following email id: firstname.lastname@example.org